PedalHarder
3 Argentium

Re: How to change FA port to RF port in 5977.

Jump to solution

That version was released in 2015. Since then we have released 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4.

Please go ahead and do the Unisphere and Solutions Enabler software updates so you can use the emulation conversion feature.

0 Kudos
PaulCork
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

If the command is present in the UI or the SE version in the help, then you are generally good on the host software front.  You need to check the uCode version of HyperMax on the VMAX3 array, you are probably on ad older code level, if you can post your code level we can check?

Also note the command you are running is assuming you are working on VMAX3 or VMAX all Flash, it doesn't work with 5976 code arrays

0 Kudos
Bhaskar11
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Customer is having fiber ports used as FA and Ethernet ports used as RE.

When I am trying to convert FA to RE ....it is failing cause Ethernet can not be converted into Fiber online...

correct me if I am wrong...

0 Kudos
PaulCork
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

FA can't be converted to RE 2 different emulations for different transport protocols.  In 5977 we simply add emulations for each additional protocol, there are some considerations to adding these as they will rebalance CPU core allocation, so it's not recommended to have every possibly allocation added.

There is no conversion to be done for adding emulation, the emulation can be added online using the add emulation function in unisphere 8.4, however the IP ports IP address for SRDF must be configured by CE using symmwin script.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bhaskar11
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Sir , if you see my symcli error....it indicates the same....however, field team is going to upgrade bin file anytime soon.

Thanks for your help !!

PaulCork
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

We strained our eyes on your screenshot there for more information.  You already have RE emulation for ethernet RDF on this box, this is ports 28-31, unless you are planning to switch to FC emulation then there is no need to assiocate or disassociate any ports, simply have the CE set the IP addresses for these.  This is not a bin change at your code level CE can do this via scripts

0 Kudos
Bhaskar11
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Could you please share the steps ...

0 Kudos
PaulCork
3 Argentium

Jump to solution

http://www.corkc4.isus.emc.com/wiki/index.php/VMAX3

Search for using CTRL +F Symmwin / Simplified Symmwin Scripts

0 Kudos