Highlighted
MAntoine
1 Copper

Is it possible to grab information with EMC Grab on windows from non windows Servers

If I install the EMC Grab over a server on Windows, may I grab the information from other server or virtual machines that are not over windows? if this is possible how can I do it?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
umichklewis
4 Tellurium

Re: Is it possible to grab information with EMC Grab on windows from non windows Servers

Assuming you're not talking about a virtual environment, the answer is no.  The EMCGrab utility will look at OS-specific details of the SAN configuration.  For UNIX (AIX, Linux, Solaris) each version has its own tools and files to be examined.  The Windows version would lack the right tools or even facilities to get them.  You'll have to download and run the right versions of EMCGrab for the OS you need to examine.

vipinvk
3 Cadmium

Re: Is it possible to grab information with EMC Grab on windows from non windows Servers

If you are in search for EMCGrab utility for other O.S 's,

For UNIX hosts such as (AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Tru64) ftp://ftp.emc.com/pub/emcgrab/Unix/

For ESX hosts   ftp://ftp.emc.com/pub/emcgrab/ESX/        

For ESXi hosts   ftp://ftp.emc.com/pub/emcgrab/ESXi/

0 Kudos
Fenglin1
4 Beryllium

With Windows platform, EMCreport is the tool for collecting logs and configuration information similar with EMCGrab for Linux & Unix. It's local based tools. I don't believe you can run it through remote server.