DonT2
2 Bronze

Is there a log or audit file that shows more CLI history related to SMC?

SMC help says only the replication CLI history is currently available through the GUI.

"The SYMCLI generator will save sequential commands for TimeFinder/Mirror, TimeFinder/Clone, TimeFinder/Snap, and SRDF, if these options are enabled in the Set Symmetrix Preferences dialog box.  Other commands may be available in future releases of SMC."

Is there another souce for this information?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MorbidAngel1
3 Silver

Re: Is there a log or audit file that shows more CLI history related to SMC?

You can check with the symaudit commands.

symaudit -sid XXXX list -start_time XXXXXXX-end_time XXXXXX

DonT2
2 Bronze

Excellent answer!   Very usefull.   I used the -v verbose option to see everything related to a record.  But what I am still looking for specifically is an audit that includes the exact command and parameters that were typed in. Thank you.

0 Kudos
dynamox
7 Thorium

maybe you could find something useful in symapi log file, typically located in Program Files > EMC > SYMAPI > Log  > symapi-<date>.log

0 Kudos
SKT2
4 Beryllium

were you able to make any progress with this? The one  you are looking for something similar to `command history` and not sure if any of the EMC logs cleary says them, May be EMC wanted to keep them a little sophisticated

0 Kudos
vforde
3 Silver

Hi,

I find the primus emc254013 very useful for reference on gathering logs. You'll see the section on VBLOCK 700 has relevant primus reference for SMC logs but you'll see Solutions Enabler as well. It's a good catch all 😉 I have not had the need for "commands issued auditing" yet! so if there is a special switch to enable for SMC to fire this out and you find it please post it here.

Hope the primus solution is helpful to you, I know it was to me.

Regards,

Victor

0 Kudos
SKT2
4 Beryllium

any one know what is mean "sequential commands"?

0 Kudos