Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2011 17:00

Private Message: Is there a way to identify two groups of LUNs are completely isolated in terms of RGs

Is there a way to identify two groups of LUNs are completely isolated in terms of RGs

I was wondering how to identify two groups of LUNs in terms of RGs - that they are isolated or not.

We have application requirements that no Raid groups should be shared. In symmetrix world, every LUN is made of hypers. so it's a pain to tell a group of LUNs are completely isolated from another group of LUNs.

Say, we have SAP apps ECP1 and ECP2 on the same server, therefore, the apps require the LUNs can not share the same RGs.

I have to check using symdev to show each LUN and get disk, then compare. For meta LUNs, it's even worse.

So, how to tell if the two groups of LUNs are isolated - that is: they are not using the same physical disks?

11 Posts

September 6th, 2011 18:00

Thanks dynamox, I was hoping to have a quick way to identify since symdev show - we have to extract that piece of info, and paste to some where - a spreadsheet for example, and sort to see any repeated DA disks, therefore it's very time consuming. We have ECC, but haven't tried that, I would've thought GUI would be even slower - that you have to drill into each SymDev, comparing with SymCLI.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 6th, 2011 18:00

exactly what you have done, symdev show. If you have ECC in your environment, it's a little bit easier

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

September 6th, 2011 19:00

Yeah, probably not easier than the command line but visually easier to see. If you click on a device in ECC > Relationship > Physical Disks

No Events found!