Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 29th, 2014 23:00

Remove AIX Logical Volumes of a replication set

Hello,

I have 2 AIX 6.1 machines, one on my company's headquarters and one on disaster recovery site and they are part of a consistency group.

I want to remove some logical volumes from a replication set. i know that i probably should remove the logical volumes on dr site first by enable an image access and remove all logical volumes that i need to remove and then do the same on the production server.

i am worrying about the possibility to enable an image that was created before the deletion of the logical volumes.

what would you advise to be the best practice for this scenario?

Thank you

30 Posts

October 30th, 2014 03:00

i dont want to remove replication set.

you see i have a replication set which is actually a volume group on my AIX partition.

this volume group has a lot of logical volumes. i need to remove some logical volumes but not all of them. so i still need the replication set i just need to remove some logical volumes from that replication set.

so my worry is that if i remove the logical volumes and then try to enable an image that was taken before the deletion of these logical volumes i may experience a problem to activate the volume group.

1.1K Posts

October 30th, 2014 03:00

No need to enable image access but removing replication sets will cause journal loss on the CG followed by a short initilaization.

Regards,

Rich

452 Posts

November 20th, 2014 07:00

Hello Stavros,

Many apologies for the late reply.  You've posted your question to the ECN Help Forum.

I'm going to move it to the Symmetrix Support Forum where you are going to find the help you need.

30 Posts

November 20th, 2014 22:00

its ok Michelle.

i already did the procedure to remove the logical volumes.

it worked perfectly.

thank you

No Events found!