I remember a pdf wherein they had discussed restore,failover of SRDF setup. Example - what needs to be done before failing over SRDF/A etc.
Kindly advice me on the pdf which explains SRDF activity/scenario.
CLI guide for SRDF was not fruitful enough.
I've searched PowerLink for about 30 minutes and cannot find anything that general in processes.
I found one document that may be of interest, but it is specific to cascaded rdf. I have attached this document.
Performing Failover and Failback Disaster Recovery Operations Using
® Cascaded SRDF® for Open Systems.
I will keep my eyes open for anything that may help.
Here's an education class that I recently took that you may be interested in. it covers the business continuity commands you refer to.
It is available to customers.
Symmetrix Business Continuity Management(Instructor-Led)
Symmetrix business continuity management and integration with Windows and
UNIX hosts. TimeFinder local replication, SRDF two site remote replication, and
Open Replicator inter-array data migration and replication
• Perform SRDF Synchronous and SRDF Asynchronous operations
• Perform Open Replicator operations (push/pull; hot/cold)
• Describe open systems host considerations for Symmetrix business continuity
• Describe consistency technologies for Symmetrix business continuity
• Overview of Symmetrix Management Console (SMC) for business continuity
Just FYI there are a few Best Practises guides out there, one of which is Emc Symmetrix Vmax Using EMC SRDF/TimeFinder and Oracle Database 10g/11g. white paper which may also help,