admingirl
3 Zinc

SYMCFG DISCOVERY ISSUE

Jump to solution

Hello,

We have two DMX arrays. One, the DMX-2000 is getting ready to be erased and sent back to EMC. Solutions enabler is running the discovery and symcli scripts on a server that is zoned to that array. That server is old is also being decomissioned and will be unzoned due to the erasure.

The DMX-3 is staying in house for at least another two months (that one is also being erased eventually) so I need to run Open Replicator and other symcli commands/sync split/ etc on that array. I have done a symcfg discover on a server zoned only to the DMX-3, ran my scripts and everything works for the most part except the sync/split.

I am not seeing my device groups at all on the dmx-3 on the new server that I ran symcfg discover. I read a lot of information on powerlink about exporting device groups, but the problem is, I only want the export the device groups that are on the DMX-3 that will be around for the next few months. What can I do to accomplisth this?

Would I have to rediscover after exporting?

Many thanks!

Admingirl

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dynamox
6 Thallium

Re: SYMCFG DISCOVERY ISSUE

Jump to solution

if the old server is still available you could export all the groups just for DMX3 and import them on the new server

symdg exportall -file dmx3.groups -sid 123

symdg importall -file dmx3.groups

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dynamox
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

you were not using GNS groups , were you ? Did you export the old groups from the old server, or did you save a copy of symapi_db.bin ?

dynamox
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

if the old server is still available you could export all the groups just for DMX3 and import them on the new server

symdg exportall -file dmx3.groups -sid 123

symdg importall -file dmx3.groups

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
admingirl
3 Zinc

Jump to solution

Thank you Dynamox,

The old environment wasn't using GNS groups. I checked and it was disbabled. All I did was just do a symcfg discover.

I will execute the commands above based on the sid.

Thanks again!

Admingirl

0 Kudos
dynamox
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

Nope

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

admingirl
3 Zinc