Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2010 09:00

Symmetrix Management Console Administration Guide

I am looking for one Symmetrix Managenet Console Administration Guide, where it explains about the technology as well as the procedure to maintain regular day to day administrative activities like provisioning, reclaimation, replication, etc.

Can anyone help me in getting this?

131 Posts

March 17th, 2010 12:00

The best solution is download procedure generator.

it is in support/product and tools/symmetrix tools

2.1K Posts

March 18th, 2010 07:00

Boom has a good suggestion with the Procedure Generator, but that will just tell you how... not what, when , and why.

If I understand your question correctly, I suspect you are looking for something that is going to be significantly more than what you will find in any one document. The Admin Guide for SMC will tell you how to do what you need to using SMC as the tool to get there, but is still won't tell you what to do, when to do, or why.

If you are trying to get an overall understanding of the Symm technology you are managing, you should be looking at some formal training. If that isn't possible, the best advice I can give you is to start digging into the SYMCLI Product Guide manuals. I learned more about the Symm tech from those than I did anywhere else. Once you understand the base level technology and processes you can build up to learning how to do things using the GUI (SMC or ControlCenter).

No Events found!