Ramzy Masarweh
2 Bronze

Re: Unisphere slow

Hello Fin,

RAM , Space and CPU are not being utilized... I believe the slowness is mainly being caused by the Flash!.

I do manage multiple storage system and the funny part that the VMAX which the most expensive one have such a bad management console.

regards,

0 Kudos
finbarrcorksac
3 Argentum

Hi vRamsy

sorry to hear that, there are certain limitations in place for the number of devices and arrays you can manage, please see the server requirements section of the Install guide.

the quickest way to resolve this would be to open a support call and they can review the logs to see where the problem lies.

Regards

Finbarr.

0 Kudos
Ramzy Masarweh
2 Bronze

Hello Fin,

First i do appreciate your response to help....

but to make things more clear... the support wont be able to help here, as this is how the Unisphere for VMAX works.

I also got this confirmation from one of the senior engineers from EMC who works heavily on the VMAX around the globe.

Again my point of replying to this thread is to see if someone had found a workaround or if they are using a different tool to manage their daily tasks on the VMAX

regards,

0 Kudos
dynamox
7 Thorium

symcli

0 Kudos
PaulCork
3 Zinc

vRamzy,

of course support will be able to help, they can look at the configuration and utilization, there may be error messages logging in the system that you are not aware of or an underlying configuration issue.

We have a lot of customers running on all flash with version 8.3.0.1 and not many complaints on the performance so would suspect something environmental. 

I am running all flash VMAX with 8.3.0.1 and the response time is pretty good on the UI.   There could be something you are not considering and we have little to go on here in a support forum.   Looking at the smas.log and run log will tell support where the problem may be. 

Also provide as much detail as you can on the support tickets which screens are slow, which operations are slow etc. 

0 Kudos