Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 16th, 2011 07:00

VMAX 2 Masking View´s on 1 Storage Group different LUN ID´s

Hi,

i´ve jumped in a customer Environment and they have the following config:

1 Storage Grp.

2 Masking Views using this Storage Grp.

1 Masking View is for the Host System and the other Masking View is used for Recover Point.

Now i tried to add a LUN to the Storage Grp. with SMC. Within the LUN Number Dialog i cant have different LUN Numbers between this two Masking View´s. But there are still LUN´s inside the View with let´s say LUN Number 000 in one View und LUN Number 0BA in the other.

The Problem is, that the Person who made this Config is no longer on Site. Anyone an Idea how to get this Device into the Storage Grp. with different LUN Numbers within the 2 Masking View´s?

regards,

Martin

51 Posts

August 16th, 2011 08:00

Martin,

I hope this one helps you,

Mapping a device to an address, or a range of devices to
consecutive addresses specifying a starting address:

map dev [: ]
          to dir : ,
          [starting] [target= ,] lun=
          [, vbus= ]
          [, awwn= | wwn= | iscsi= |
             aiscsi= ]
          [, masking [host_lun= | dynamic_lun] ]
          [, emulation=CELERRA_FBA];

448 Posts

August 16th, 2011 18:00

You can manually set the lun number presented to a host.  Prior to the option to have consistent lun number enabled the system could assign different lun numbers if you put a storage group into multiple views; the lun numbers are on a per view basis.  The only way to fix what you have is to take the devices and remap them to one of the hosts so they match.

August 17th, 2011 01:00

Hey Robert,

i don´t want to fix it. I want to do it the same way, but the Option within the Storage Grp. to have consistent LUN Numbers is still selected so i dont understand how the other guy achieve this configuration.

For now i opened a service Request and wait for their advice. Because i don´t want to enable/disable that option anytime i add  LUN.

62 Posts

August 17th, 2011 17:00

Did u try this options???

Symaccess -sid XXXX -name sg_name -type storage add dev xxxx -lun xx and put different lun id for different masking views.

August 18th, 2011 01:00

How did you mean that?

Symaccess -sid XXXX -name sg_name -type storage add dev xxxx -lun xx

and how then?

With that Command Line i´ve got the Same Error Message, to get different LUN Numbers for each of the 2 Masking Views is exactly what i´m looking for but i dont know how to build the command.

No Events found!