Is there a way or command to connect the iDRAC via PuTTY and further try accessing the local host which is linux.We have an PowerEdge R720 and are running standalone RHEL on it.
Thank you, Krish
There are a number of steps involved in setting this up; fortunately the new iDRAC 7.0 user guide at support.dell.com/.../ug.pdf covers them all!
The guide covers a number of capabilities and configurations that can be Here is a high-level overview of the necessary configuration changes:
• Configure BIOS serial console redirection on COM2 (pp71-72)
• Configure iDRAC to use serial-on-LAN (p72)
• Enable SSH to the iDRAC (p73)
• Configure SSH client (PuTTY) for proper terminal emulation (p74)
• Configure the boot loader to use the serial console (pp78-79)
• Configure the kernel to display on the serial console (p78)
• Configure a login on the serial console (p79-80)
Geoff PDell | Social Outreach Services - EnterpriseGet Support on Twitter @DellCaresProDownload the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device!(iOS, Android, Windows)