Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

3 Posts

August 10th, 2018 18:00

Acknowledge SYSTEM HAS CRITICAL ISSUES in health information

I have a R740 system with iDRAC9 and when I log in I see a large red indicator saying "SYSTEM HAS CRITICAL ISSUES". I have attached an image below. The little x to the left does nothing. If I click on "details" it takes me to the system summary page with a red x by the summary but no other information.

The underlying issue was that I had put a spare disk into the system and then removed it. Hardly a CRITICAL ISSUE. I just want the status to go away.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks.

CriticalIssues.png

August 13th, 2018 09:00

The issue was that I installed a drive and then removed it. The drive was never part of any RAID array. I cleared the log in an attempt to clear the alert but that had no effect. 

How do I clear the alert? 

Thanks,

-Pete

• 

6.2K Posts

August 13th, 2018 09:00

Hello

I suggest reviewing the logs for more information about the alert. You can save and clear the logs to clear some alerts. If it is an active alert it will not go away by clearing logs.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

70 Posts

August 14th, 2018 08:00

We have the same problem.

But we got the issue after moving disks to a different slot. 

Grz,

Geert

August 14th, 2018 14:00

And you have never been able to clear it? Sounds like a bug in iDRAC9. How are you supposed to move a disk? There doesn't seem to be any way of telling it to bring one down. The documentation does not seem to cover it either. I must not be looking in the right place. 

12 Posts

March 16th, 2019 16:00

I have this same issue and I didnt change any drive settings and have cleared the alerts but the message will not go away.

1 Message

March 26th, 2019 03:00

Same issue over here, removed a disk from the server. Did someone already found a solution to acknowledge the situation so my monitoring will be nice and green again?

• 

6.2K Posts

March 26th, 2019 10:00

@gfdsfzasd wrote:

Same issue over here, removed a disk from the server. Did someone already found a solution to acknowledge the situation so my monitoring will be nice and green again?

There is not a single answer that will resolve this issue for everyone. If the health status is critical then there is a critical event that is active or that occurred. Some critical events will be automatically cleared when the issue is resolved, some critical events will require that the hardware log be cleared. For instance, a chassis intrusion will cause a critical event, that critical event will persist even if the intrusion switch is active again.

You should review the status of devices to locate the source of the event. You should then correct the issue. If correcting the issue does not clear the status then clear the hardware log. You can also try restarting the iDRAC.

1 Message

April 2nd, 2019 08:00

Assuming you don't have a genuine hardware fault, resetting the iDRAC clears the error.  Go to the management tab, click on diagnostics and then reset the iDRAC (the orange button). This will reboot the iDRAC (all settings will be preserved).

1 Message

May 5th, 2019 11:00

You're right, that it may be a different issue for everyone. However, it seems to me, that on this thread, we're having an issue simply removing a drive from a bay. It would be nice if you could direct us on how to achieve that simple task. Thanks!

1 Message

May 16th, 2019 08:00

The 'reset IDRAC' did the trick.  This has been an issue for me since i first booted the server and had a predictive drive failure right out of the box.

2 Posts

May 23rd, 2019 05:00

solved by resetting iDRAC.

October 30th, 2019 10:00

Having the exact same problem. I cleared the log and reset the iDRAC, but the problem persists.

When I click on the "Details" link next to the word "Critical" in red on the Dashboard page in the "System Health" section, it takes me to System->Overview page where no errors are shown except for an "X" in a red circle on the "Summary" button. Pushing that button still does not reveal any errors on that "Overview" page.

Directly under the "Critical" word mentioned above, there is another link called "Miscellaneous". This link takes me to Maintenance->System Event Log where there is an entry with an "X" in a red circle saying, "A hardware misconfiguration detected on FlexIO." This log entry is dated about a month before the server was shipped new to me. This error persisted in the log even after I cleared it.

How do I correct and/or clear this error.?

This is on a new PowerEdge R7515.

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

February 27th, 2020 00:00

I don't know why, but my last post in this topic has not been released, yet.

Just want to say, 4.10.10.10 is still showing this issue. You have to reset the iDrac to get the status green again. Will this ever be fixed?

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

February 28th, 2020 06:00

Feels like this problem doesn't care anyone.

But hey, it's possible to give stars for interesting posts, now. That's what everybody has been waiting for.

1 Message

March 12th, 2020 06:00

reset worked!! Error cleared.

No Events found!