sandbenders
1 Copper

Acknowledge SYSTEM HAS CRITICAL ISSUES in health information

I have a R740 system with iDRAC9 and when I log in I see a large red indicator saying "SYSTEM HAS CRITICAL ISSUES". I have attached an image below. The little x to the left does nothing. If I click on "details" it takes me to the system summary page with a red x by the summary but no other information.

The underlying issue was that I had put a spare disk into the system and then removed it. Hardly a CRITICAL ISSUE. I just want the status to go away.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks.

CriticalIssues.png

Labels (1)
10 Replies

Re: Acknowledge SYSTEM HAS CRITICAL ISSUES in health informa

Hello

I suggest reviewing the logs for more information about the alert. You can save and clear the logs to clear some alerts. If it is an active alert it will not go away by clearing logs.

http://www.dell.com/support/

Thanks

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
sandbenders
1 Copper

The issue was that I installed a drive and then removed it. The drive was never part of any RAID array. I cleared the log in an attempt to clear the alert but that had no effect. 

How do I clear the alert? 

Thanks,

-Pete

0 Kudos
GeertC
1 Nickel

We have the same problem.

But we got the issue after moving disks to a different slot. 

Grz,

Geert

0 Kudos
sandbenders
1 Copper

And you have never been able to clear it? Sounds like a bug in iDRAC9. How are you supposed to move a disk? There doesn't seem to be any way of telling it to bring one down. The documentation does not seem to cover it either. I must not be looking in the right place. 

0 Kudos
cfizz3434
1 Copper

I have this same issue and I didnt change any drive settings and have cleared the alerts but the message will not go away.

0 Kudos
gfdsfzasd
1 Copper

Same issue over here, removed a disk from the server. Did someone already found a solution to acknowledge the situation so my monitoring will be nice and green again?

0 Kudos

@gfdsfzasd wrote:

Same issue over here, removed a disk from the server. Did someone already found a solution to acknowledge the situation so my monitoring will be nice and green again?

There is not a single answer that will resolve this issue for everyone. If the health status is critical then there is a critical event that is active or that occurred. Some critical events will be automatically cleared when the issue is resolved, some critical events will require that the hardware log be cleared. For instance, a chassis intrusion will cause a critical event, that critical event will persist even if the intrusion switch is active again.

You should review the status of devices to locate the source of the event. You should then correct the issue. If correcting the issue does not clear the status then clear the hardware log. You can also try restarting the iDRAC.

Daniel Mysinger
Dell EMC, Enterprise Engineer

Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO

0 Kudos
alex007m
1 Copper

Assuming you don't have a genuine hardware fault, resetting the iDRAC clears the error.  Go to the management tab, click on diagnostics and then reset the iDRAC (the orange button). This will reboot the iDRAC (all settings will be preserved).
0 Kudos
ABurton1
1 Copper

You're right, that it may be a different issue for everyone. However, it seems to me, that on this thread, we're having an issue simply removing a drive from a bay. It would be nice if you could direct us on how to achieve that simple task. Thanks!

0 Kudos