Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 21st, 2016 18:00

After changing RAM, iDRAC 6 enterprise reverted to Express in r510

I recently added ram in a dell r510 and upon doing so my License for iDRAC 6 Enterprise reverted to Express.  After changing the hardware modification back to how the server shipped, the license remained at Express.  How would I go back to my enterprise License the server shipped with. 

I don't have any license codes only the service tag where it shows the r510 shipped with enterprise.  I also don't know where I would enter a license key to upgrade/fix this problem if I had a license.  The iDRAC 6 wiki only shows "iDRAC6 Licensing Information <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell" for the licensing information section.

Will resetting the iDRAC back to factory defaults fix this? Will reverting back to previous firmware settings fix this, (note: my previous firmware settings match my current v1.8 iDRAC)

Is there anyway to save the settings within the iDRAC web interface that won't save the fact that it's a Express install?

The server is currently running iDRAC 1.8.  Any help would be appreciated.

December 1st, 2016 11:00

The iDRAC dislodged itself when I was installing the new RAM. Reseating the iDRAC card did the trick.  Didn't realize that when the iDRAC dislodged itself, the server automatically put the iDRAC system into sharing LOM 1 on the expected iDrac IP address.

After reseating the card and going into to the iDRAC with ctrl+E to change the iDRAC\lan settings\NIC Selection back to Dedicated instead of Shared, everything was back to normal.

Thanks Robert and Trodai0080 for the help.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 22nd, 2016 15:00

Hello.

I recently added ram in a dell r510 and upon doing so my License for iDRAC 6 Enterprise reverted to Express.  After changing the hardware modification back to how the server shipped, the license remained at Express.  How would I go back to my enterprise License the server shipped with. 

I do not believe that change in memory configuration can change your iDRAC card license or type. Reply to my e-mail with the system's service tag so that I look up the original iDRAC type. We shall proceed afterwards.

1 Rookie

• 

40 Posts

November 23rd, 2016 06:00

Hi

The R510 server's iDrac is hardware based and not license based, there is a physical card inside the server that gives the enterprise functionality along with the dedicated network port.

The iDrac based license system was only used in the 12th and currently 13th gen servers (iDrac 7 and 8)

I would see if the card is present, it will be to the rear of the server on the right hand side, I would also reseat the card if it is present.

Hope this helps

No Events found!