dbarr-psu
1 Copper

RE: Announcement : Dell OpenManage Server Administrator – OMSA v 7.3 is available Now.

The OMSA 7.3.0.1 patch for Linux and Windows fixes the issue with non-alphanumeric characters in passwords. This one has been driving me nuts with my ESXi hosts.

0 Kudos
BradenPintar
1 Copper

RE: Announcement : Dell OpenManage Server Administrator – OMSA v 7.3 is available Now.

Hi,

I have been working through trying to get OMSA running on a R720 server.

I installed the 7.3.0 version and immediately had problems logging in.  (one successful login, but that was all)

I have modified the password policy to avoid special characters and still cannot login.  I have tried username, machine name\username, IP address\username.  Same problem.

I am now trying to install the 7.3.0.1 patch.  No luck.  The install gets to a certain point and then rolls back.  Is there a log kept somewhere that might show where the issue is?

There are other problems, but I will stay with this one for now.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
bradje1
3 Zinc

Sometimes with OMSA, after install, I have found that logging off the server then back in, fixes the problem of being able to use OMSA.

It's not consistent though.

JB

0 Kudos
Highlighted
azamniazch
1 Copper

Can i install the windows server 2008 R2 on DELL Power Edge 2800 using openmanger 7.3 ?

0 Kudos
MK1024
2 Iron

It seems that NTLM single sign on is not working in 7.3 and 7.3.0.1 on Windows Server 2003 systems.  Either the background loads, then IE pops up a login dialog or we get a 403 HTTP error.  Reloading the URL pops up an IE login dialog.  To get in, I need to cancel the IE login dialog.  I'm then taken to an OpenManage log in web page.  If I enter my username and password there, I am able to get into OpenManage. 

0 Kudos
MK1024
2 Iron

I looked into this further and it seems to be caused by "IE Ehanched Security Configuration" being enabled.  When IE ESC is active, automatic detection of Local Intranet sites is not enabled.

Without the local computer being recognized as being part of the Local Intranet zone, single sign on will not work.  If I manually add the computer to the list of Local Intranet sites or change the "User Authentication \ Logon" option to "Automatic logon with current user name and password" from the default "Automatic logon only in Intranet zone", single sign on will start working again.

0 Kudos
bradje1
3 Zinc

One of the guys here also used the Compatability View settings to get it working in IE.

JB

0 Kudos
koumooo
1 Copper

I have the exact same problem in a number of servers running Xenserver 6.1 .

OMSA 7.2 runs without a probplem, however both 7.3 and 7.3.2 that i tried fail to login .

IF i dont check the "ignore certificates" checkbox, then i get a "login failure.certificate error"

if however i check it then i get "login failure.internal error".

I checked in xenserver CLI and all services are running....

0 Kudos