Dell OpenManage System Administrator (OMSA) 7.3 is now published and available for download.
What's New in the current release :
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 (32-bit and 64-bit)
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.4 (64-bit)
* Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Essentials
* VMware ESXi 5.1 U1
* VMware ESXi 5.0 U2
* Citrix Xenserver 6.2
* Security fixes and enhancements
- Fixed CVE-2012-6272, CSRF, XSS and generic path manipulation
- Upgraded the JRE to version 1.7 update 21
- Upgraded the Apache Tomcat to version 7.0.39
* Added support for Google Chrome version 21 and 22
* Added support for Safari 5.1.7 browser on Apple Mac OSX
* Added support for the following Network Interface Cards (NICS):
- Broadcom 57840S Quad Port 10G SFP+ Rack NDC
- Broadcom 57840S-k Quad Port 10GbE Blade KR NDC
* On 12G systems with iDRAC7 1.30.30 and later, you can set Platform Event
Destination as IPv4, IPv6, or FQDN
Storage Management Service:
* PCIe SSD support for ESXi 5.1 U1
* Remaining Rated Write Endurance status for SAS and SATA SSD attached to a PERC8
* Fluid Cache for DAS support on Red Hat Enterprise Linux6 .4 and Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP2 for PERC H810,H710 Adapter,H710P,and H710 Mini on the following systems:
Download Details :
You can go here to download OMSA for your Linux systems http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=5PDVY
Linux YUM repository has been updated and can be accessed here
OMSA for Citrix XenServer 6.2 can be downloaded from here: http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=2H7G3
Windows version of OMSA is availble here http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/driverdetails?driverid=WYD5G
can i use the poweredge 2900 to install win server 2012 ?
is openmanage 730 support poweredge 2900 ?
Yes, it is supported.
You can refer "Dell Systems Management - OpenManage Software SupportMatrix Version 7.3 " which is available here : http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/us/en/555/Product/dell-opnmang-sw-v7.3
Dell, there may be an issue with OMSA 7.3 that prevents people logging in if their passwords have non-alphanumeric characters in them. I'm unable to login as myself into OMSA until I change my password to only letters and numbers. I can't login with other accounts which have special characters as well, but ones without seem to work fine. I didn't have this issue with 7.2. It's affecting both a Server 2008 R2 and Server 2012 machine.
I have several Dell PowerEdge R320 with OMSA 7.3.0 installed. All of the servers have continual issues with starting all the OMSA services upon reboot specifically the "DSM SA Data Manager" service. Also OpenManage essentials is unable to communicate with OpenManage on these servers after a reboot of the nodes until all the OMSA services are restarted. OpenManage shows a grey question mark for the status of the servers.
All the servers are running Windows 2008 R2 SP1. I have at least 4 servers doing the same thing.
The only thing shown in the system event log about Server Administrator is an event id 1006: Automatic System Recovery (ASR) action was performed. Action performed was: Unknown
Is there a bug in the OMSA 7.3.0 code that needs to be addressed?
I was having the exact same issue described by Cook-User7571. Turns out there is a bug in OMSA 7.3.0 on Windows and Linux with credentials having non-alphanumeric characters in the password. I have verified this in my environment. There is a patch for OMSA, 126.96.36.199, which was released last month and fixes the problem. Luckily only the Server Administrator web portion needs to be updated and not the agent on all ESXi hosts.