shaboyi
1 Nickel

Can not view multiple servers in IT Asst 7.0

Hi -

I am running IT Assistant 7.0 and am using it to manage one server on the LAN ([private IP) and one at a remote site (public IP).  Both of those servers have Server Administrator.  I

I can't get the software to recognize both servers at the same time.  Only one will show up under Views > Devices > Servers at a time.  The only way to switch from a view of one server to another is to go to Discovery and Monitoring > Ranges and select the Include Range of the other server and do a Perform Discovery and Inventory Now on the machine in that range.   After doing that the other server shows up in the Views tree, but the other one is gone.    (I have Include Ranges defined for each machine).  

I must be doing something wrong (it can't be by design?).   I would like to add a few more remote servers....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
tester25
3 Zinc

Re: Can not view multiple servers in IT Asst 7.0

One possible cause for this is that the DNS hostname for each of these two boxes is identical.  I believe that ITA identifies a system by its hostname.I know that I've seen the exact same problem when I was trying to manage two Linux servers.  The cause of the problem is that I had never changed the default hostname, so both had the same hostname.

Let us know if you've already solved this or if it is still a problem.  I'd like to know what solves your problem.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
shaboyi
1 Nickel

Re: Can not view multiple servers in IT Asst 7.0

Thanks.  That very well could be the problem, as the two machines have the same host name  - but they are both domain controllers and I don't really want to rename them (I have not renamed a DC before...If it is just a matter of changing the computer name and rebooting, I'll do it.).

Thx.

0 Kudos