Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 15th, 2013 21:00

Can't get Virtual Console working on R710, iDRAC6 v1.95

Hi,

I've searched the forums and Google but can't seem to find a resolution to this issue. Details:

• iDRAC6
  • Firmware: v1.95 (was also happening on previous firmware, upgraded to this version to see if it would fix but hasn't)
  • R710
  • When Launch Virtual Console is selected receive "System Alert - Unknown viewer request: 0"
  • Configuration:
    • Virtual Console: enabled
    • Max sessions: 1
    • No active sessions
    • Remote Presence Port: 5900
    • Video Encryption Enabled: checked
    • Local Server Video Enabled: checked
    • Plug-in Type: Native

In the instructions it mentions "Note: 64-Bit Active-X plugin is Unsupported on DRAC6 Enterprise". If I attempt to change the Plug-in Type from Native to Java and Apply I am prompted with "System Alert - Please enter unique port numbers". Attempting to change the remote presence port from anything other than 5900 doesn't work - same error. Have tried from different browsers (IE, Firefox) and same issue. Have run racadm dracreset and same issue. Any ideas?

• 

6.2K Posts

May 16th, 2013 09:00

Hello rdenne

I would recommend resetting the DRAC to factory defaults. The command you performed racadm racreset performs a soft reset/restart of the DRAC racadm racresetcfg will reset the DRAC to factory defaults. You will need to reconfigure the LAN settings and user/pass after performing this operation.

Let me know if that does not resolve the issue.

Thanks

793 Posts

May 16th, 2013 17:00

What OS and browser are you using to access the DRAC?  Have you used it to access another DRAC before?  Sometimes it helps to remove the ActiveX plug-in that was downloaded before so that it will fetch it again.  Also make sure that the browser will allow the DRAC to use ActiveX by making it a trusted site and allowing all ActiveX communication.  If all that doesn't work, try switching it to Java mode.

6 Posts

May 16th, 2013 18:00

Thanks Daniel,

The racadm racresetcfg was the way to go. Now I can change launch the Native Virtual Console, change the console to Java, do everything I couldn't do before.

Cheers

No Events found!