Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2012 08:00

Change Service Tag in POWEREDGE T110 II

Hiii,

Am a dell technician...recently i repalced the mbd of POWEREDGE T110 II and entered to BIOS i couldn't find the service tag editing options..

Please help me to change service tag,,,,

Thnks..

Unnikrishnan

• 

8.4K Posts

July 18th, 2012 08:00

Krishna ,

Follow this link and download this tool -

Asset Tag Utility for Dell Portable Computers

ftp://ftp.dell.com/utility/asseta00.exe

(Creates Bootable Floppy Diskette)

Let me know how it goes.

6 Posts

July 3rd, 2016 22:00

Hi Chris,

i have download this utility and i need to create bootable usb disk (there is no floppy disk drive) . i tried this using rufus software. but can not boot from it. is there any other way to modify this tag? 

6 Posts

July 4th, 2016 01:00

Hi all,

i have found Dell Support Live Image Version 2.2 User's Guide from dell site. there is a few steps to Setting the Asset and Service Tag. 

To set the asset and service tag:

1.Boot the system using the DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 9G-10G servers), DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 11G servers), or DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 12G servers) option.
The Customer Diagnostic Menu Ver 1.6 is displayed.

2.At the Enter option or letter prompt, press <4>.
The MS-DOS prompt is displayed.

3.Type c:, and press .
The working drive changes to c:\.

4.Type CD Util, and press .
The working directory changes to c:\Util.

5.Type asset new_asset_tag or service new_service_tag, where new_asset_tag or new_service_tag is the tag you want to assign to the system.

6.At the confirmation prompt, press .

but i need to know how to boot system from DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 12G servers). also this can be use only windows OS ?

• 

8.4K Posts

July 6th, 2016 09:00

The DOS-based version is 32bit Diagnostics, which can be found here.

1 Message

December 14th, 2016 05:00

Hi Sandaruwan,

I have tried this method to reset a R610 service tag but it only allow me to change the asset tag.

Is there any other way to reset the service tag? 

April 10th, 2019 19:00

Could you tell me how to start the boot in DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 12G servers) option? already do the bootable usb with Dell Support Live Image, version 2.2, but I do not see the option you indicate

1.Boot the system using the DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 9G-10G servers), DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 11G servers), or DOS-Based Diagnostic Tools (Dell 12G servers) option.
The Customer Diagnostic Menu Ver 1.6 is displayed.

1 Message

June 24th, 2019 13:00

This only works for changing the Asset tag.  There is an Asset.com file in the util folder but nothing else.  If you type asset (name) it works but if you type service (name) you will get a file not found or unknown command error.  I am on the phone with the ORC and we have been working on this for several hours and cannot find a solution.

No Events found!