Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2009 10:00

DRAC5 'no signal' error

A DRAC5 card was fitted to a new PE2950.  Prior to this I had been using IPMI Serial-over-LAN.

In any case, most aspects of the card seem to work but when I try the Virtual Console, either the ActiveX plugin or the new Java one, I just see a green screen with the message "no display".  It's the same in Firefox and IE.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

793 Posts

January 26th, 2009 16:00

Thanks for posting!  Usually you will need to make the DRAC a trusted site in your browser and allow all ActiveX controls for that zone before the console redirection will work properly.  If that doesn't fix it, flash the DRAC firmware, clear your browser cache, and try again.

17 Posts

January 27th, 2009 04:00

Thanks for taking a look.  I don't see how it can be a browser problem as the plugin is loading and starting.  It's just that on this particular server the virtual console itself doesn't seem to work, which it does in the same browsers on other servers.

I will try re-flashing the DRAC, though.

17 Posts

February 2nd, 2009 09:00

Have tried to re-flash the DRAC5 with the 1.40 firmware several times.  Each time it complains:

The DRAC update requires that virtual media be attached to perform the update. After attaching virtual media rerun the update to upgrade the DRAC firmware.

but in the DRAC web interface virtual media is attached.

793 Posts

February 2nd, 2009 16:00

Thanks for posting!  If the DRAC and your system with the browser are on the same subnet, it usually works.  Try flashing the firmware on the DRAC, making it a trusted site, clearing your browser's cache, and enabling all the ActiveX options for the trusted site zone.  If that doesn't work, connect the DRAC directly to a system with a crossover cable and test it.  If the direct connection works, then you have a network problem.

17 Posts

February 4th, 2009 10:00

So, I've managed to re-flash the firmware using the browser now, but the symptoms are the same i.e. the virtual console plugin does open but it just shows a green background with "no signal" in yellow writing. To reiterate, the browser plugin does seem to be working, so I don't think that's the problem.

No Events found!