Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2013 16:00

DRAC6 log in and then immediately log out

I supply username/password on the login window, click submit.  The normal menus appear down the left hand side and across the top but then I am imediately logged out, back to the login screen.

Since I can't log in I don't know how to start troubleshooting this.

(I've watched the IT crowd - is it possible to turn the iDRAC off and on again without turning the server off?)

30 Posts

November 11th, 2013 21:00

Hi Paul,

Can you clear the browser cache and retry. If that does not work, you could update the latest iDRAC firmware (if not done already).

Thanks,

Mondeep

5 Posts

November 12th, 2013 13:00

Clearing the cache did the trick.  Just clearing for 'this domain' did not but clearing the entire cache dd.

• 

8.4K Posts

Paullinton,

What you would need to do is a soft reset of the drac. You can do this by running the command  racadm racreset soft. 

A Hard racreset will call for a reboot, but the soft wont. You can find the commands here - http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/dept/cron/documentation/dell-server-admin/en/DRAC_5/racugaa.htm

Let me know if this helps.

5 Posts

I downloaded unzipped and installed racadm but I guess it needs to be setup in some way.  Are there instructions somewhere? (What's a BMC and IPMI-related software, for starters)

C:\Users\Administrator.LINKEDTRAINING>racadm racreset soft

IMPORTANT NOTE! The RAC is unable to communicate with the BMC. This condition may occur because of (1) no BMC is present, (2) missing or disfunctional IPMI-related software components. Many RAC features depend on BMC connectivity in order to work properly, and you may see failures as a result. ERROR: RACADM is unable to process the requested subcommand because there is no local RAC configuration to communicate with.

Local RACADM subcommand execution requires the following:

1. A Remote Access Controller (RAC) must be present on the managed server  2. Appropriate managed node software must be installed and running on the     server

5 Posts

November 11th, 2013 17:00

I have found a 398(!) page pdf called "Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller 6(iDRAC6) Enterprise for Blade Servers Version 3.5 User's Guide" and it seems that I need to install something called "Dell OpenManage Server Administrator" - is that right?  (I'm hoping I can download it from somewhere)

5 Posts

November 11th, 2013 17:00

I have managed to do a

racadm racreset soft

I needed to also specify -r -u and -p (obvious, really)

However, I still get the same behaviour.  Login, shows menus, logs out.

Any other options?

1 Message

June 15th, 2014 05:00

Paul Excellent and thanks

This worked for me too (Clearing cache, Firefox29.0 Tools/Options/Advanced/Network Tab/Cached Web Content/Clear Now).

No reboot or anything disruptive needed :emotion-2:

No Events found!