Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2015 10:00

Dell Openmanage IT Assistant - Reporting things down that are not

Hi there,

I have this system in place and I have noticed of late that I am getting a LOT of e-mail alerts telling me that a NAS or switch is down, but it is not in all these cases.

I can log onto the server the IT assist is on and ping the device in question for instance. 

So my question is, is it possible to change the sensitivity of these events? My predecessor setup a Alert filter that said any Critical or Warning mail then e-mail to me. 

Looking into the system itself it is the alert under System Events called itAleretSystemDown and has the following details.

Alert Source Name: itaAlertSystemDown
Severity: Critical
Format String: $1: $2
Enterprise OID: .1.3.6.1.4.1.674.10900.1
Generic Trap OID: 6
Specific Trap OID: 1001

So my question is, is there any way to reduce this alerts sensitivity so that it doesn't keep firing off email alerts when the system in question, is in fact fine. 

Or is there something else I should be looking at to see why this is thinking it is dropping connection when it is not?

The Dell IT runs on a Server 2003 R2 Virtual pc (on ESXI) and has SQL server 2008 R2 on it. 

5 Posts

May 6th, 2015 11:00

Just in addition to the above. I have an error in my logs right now for a switch that it says is down... but if I go onto the Dell IT assist server I can ping the IP and traceroute to it without any issue.

Any ideas?

No Events found!