Systems Management General

2 Bronze

Dell PowerEdge VRTX - Email Alert Settings

Hi, I am looking for Modify Source Email Name, and not only e-mail adress.

I tried to enter email adress: VRTX <vrtx@domain.com>
But the website said that it was not allowed.
How can I have a name and address?

There should also be a reply to adress somewhere, but I can find it.

Expertise: Network, Dell PowerEdge VRTX, PowerEdge M520 server modules, ESXi, VMware and Veeam.

Replies (4)

Sigma85, 

The "reply to" address you are referring to is the Destination Email Address you provide. The SMTP field prior to that is for specifying the email server itself. The guidlines for configuring the "Modify Source Email Name" are located on page 14 of this manual - http://bit.ly/1rkdpn0 

Now normally you can place anything in that field and it will be "allowed", if it isn't allowing you to change it I would look at weather you have the proper permissions to change it. That field also would need to be the internal domain name (for example VRTX@esx.local, which wouldn't be .com. You can try via the ip address would look like VRTX@10.10.10.10.

Let me know what you find.

Chris Hawk
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#Iwork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’
‘Kudo’ the posts you like!
2 Bronze

The mail is working, but I need to be able to set the sender name and sender reply to. 

I can not se the options/input fields for this..

Expertise: Network, Dell PowerEdge VRTX, PowerEdge M520 server modules, ESXi, VMware and Veeam.

2 Bronze

I am using BigBrother to supervise all servers..This is why I need to be able to set sender name.

VRTX1 example:

Name: VRTX 1

Mail: alert@servers.com

VRTX2 example:

Name: VRTX 2

Mail: alert@servers.com

hi,

in the smtp what is the server ????

can i use smtp.gmail.com ?

where insert the ssl port? or password per smtp sender??

Top Contributor
Latest Solutions