Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 13th, 2010 09:00

Dell Repository Manager question

I installed Dell Repository Manager and I am trying to setup my repository. I want it to be based off ftp.dell.com. When I choose this I am rewarded with the following error:

Catalog File Not Found In Cab

How do I get past this error? Thanks....

946 Posts

January 15th, 2010 06:00

What version of Repository Manager are you running? On that same machine can you get to https://ftp.dell.com from the browser and command line?

5 Posts

January 15th, 2010 07:00

1.1.52. Only http://ftp.dell.com will respond for me.

342 Posts

January 15th, 2010 07:00

That's the problem. RM uses FTP protocol, so if you can't ftp it won't work.

So just to confirm, you can't ftp from a command line and ftp://ftp.dell.com does not work either ?

5 Posts

January 15th, 2010 08:00

Let me clarify. :-) I can get to ftp://ftp.dell.com and also get to it using ftp at the command line. It just does not want to play nice in Repository Manager for some reason. Now that Scott is on the case I fell better! :-) It was nice meeting you at VMworld. I am ready for the next one!

342 Posts

January 15th, 2010 09:00

ohh and just looking over the problem again I don't think it has anything to do with FTP problem. You can actually make that selection, correct ? It's not "grayed" out ?

You get the error after it tries to get the catalog from the ftp site, right ?

342 Posts

January 15th, 2010 09:00

Hey ! ... Dennis is a really nice guy too :-) .. and yeah, ready for VMworld already, time flies so quickly.

Let me get one of the RM developers to look at this thread.

Have you been able to try it on a different network or different machine ? I have a similiar issue in the lab where on one network it will work but another one it will not, but that's definitely an ftp issue for me. With the previous product (Content Manager) you could specify a proxy or actually change the protocol to HTTP and it would work. Right now I think it's hard coded for FTP, but let's have them take a look.

Thanks.

5 Posts

January 15th, 2010 10:00

Correct! :-)

342 Posts

January 15th, 2010 11:00

Ok, I just downloaded 1.1.52 to test with the same version you have. Worked fine on my machine, I'm sure that makes you feel better :-)

On the opening splash screen I automatically imported the ftp.dell.com updates and created a test repository with just rack servers and it created fine.

I also checked that I could download ftp://ftp.dell.com/catalog/catalog.cab from both the browser and the command line - which worked fine.

Engineers think it might be a problem with your proxy. Are you using a proxy ? - it uses your IE settings.

Have you had a chance to try from another machine or from your home network ?

5 Posts

January 15th, 2010 12:00

OK crazy thing.... it just started working out of nowhere. You must have kicked it and did not admit it! :-) Thanks.....

342 Posts

January 15th, 2010 13:00

Must of been that "scott's on the case" comment ... scared it into working :-)
No Events found!