Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2020 01:00

Dell Server Management Pack For SCOM 2019

Hi,

We are planning to install SCOM 2019, currently we are using SCOM 2012 R2.

As part of planning we are currently checking the 3rd party Management Packs which are supported with SCOM 2019. We see that Dell Server Management Pack has not started the support for SCOM 2019. The latest version of Dell Server Management Pack for SCOM is 7.0 which does not support 2019. 

I found that Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Version 7.1.1 for Microsoft System Center Operations Manager support SCOM 2019. But version 7.1.1 is a patch version to be applied to Dell EMC OMIMSSC 7.1. So do we need to first import/install Dell EMC OMIMSSC 7.1 Management Pack and then patch it with Patch version 7.1.1?

Can anyone confirm this. Thanks in advnace!

Sreejeet

• 

8.4K Posts

February 18th, 2020 07:00

Sreejeet,

That is correct, you would indeed install 7.1 and then afterwards, if needed, you would run the 7.1.1. patch on 7.1.

Hope this clarifies things for you. 

46 Posts

February 18th, 2020 21:00

Hi Sreejeet, 

Yes, you will need to first install the 7.1 version post which you can apply the 7.1.1 patch.

1. If you are looking to monitor the Dell servers through iDRAC please refer to https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=gcvkh and opt for the OMIMSSC-SCOM v7.1 appliance based solution. Through this integration for SCOM console, you will be able to monitor servers through iDRAC-WSMAN, chassis and see the correlation between modular servers and chassis as well in addition to the agent-based Server monitoring features. 

2. If you are looking for monitoring servers as agent-based systems using OMSA/iSM agents alone you can opt for the Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite 7.1 provided in the link mentioned in above point 1. For SCOM 2019, please apply the 7.1.1 msp on top of 7.1 installer.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Anjana

1 Message

May 14th, 2020 11:00

Hello we are now implementing SCOM2019 for our servers.

Agents are being installed on windows servers.  Wanted to confirm if the management pack can be used to monitor other health items.  

Also if the management pack is being to monitor the availability of the IDRAC interface.

Regards,

SA

2.9K Posts

May 14th, 2020 14:00

Attached is the link for the Dell management pack suite. I would refer you to the documentation for the full supported feature set. 

https://dell.to/366rQST

46 Posts

May 14th, 2020 22:00

Hi,

You can use Dell Server Management Pack Suite v7.1.1 which is compatible with SCOM 2019.

Please install Dell Server Management Pack Suite v7.1.exe and then apply the Dell Server Management Pack Suite v7.1.1 .msp  on this. 

Features supported:

1. DRAC Monitoring (for Dell Servers having iDRAC 8, iDRAC 7)

2. Servers and Rack Workstation Monitoring (non licensed, agent-based monitoring)

3. Servers and Rack Workstation Monitoring (licensed, agent-based monitoring)

For more details please refer to the product user guide and installation guide. https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/server-management-pack-suite-v7.1.1/docs

Regards,

Anjana

July 15th, 2020 04:00

Can you please assist.

I only have 12 servers and would like to monitor these servers with SCOM 2019 without openmanage.
Where can i download the 7.1 version and the 7.1.1 patch?

46 Posts

July 15th, 2020 05:00

Hi,

You can monitor these servers using agent based methods in the Dell_EMC_Server_Management_Pack_Suite_v7.1.1

As pre-req you need to install either OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) on the server to be monitored to use the license free , agent-based monitoring or you need to install iDRAC Service Module (iSM) on the server to be monitored to use the licensed, agent-based server monitoring feature.

The feature names are: Server and Rack Workstation monitoring (i.ei., for OMSA) and Server and Rack Workstation (Licensed) monitoring feature (i.e., iSM)

These features are available in the Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite 7.1.1. 

The 7.1.1 patch is a .msp file which has to be run after you have installed Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite 7.1.

Links to download 7.1 and 7.1.1: 

7.1: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=gcvkh&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r730, [Dell_EMC_Server_Management_Pack_Suite_v7.1_A00.exe]

7.1.1: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=xpm43&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r730

[Dell_EMC_Server_Management_Pack_Suite_v7.1.1_A00.msp]

Regards,

Anjana

July 15th, 2020 05:00

Hi @AnjanaRM 

Thank you for your assistance.

So to be clear.
1. Install Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite 7.1
2. Install the 7.1.1 MSP
3. Install OMSA on all the DELL servers (PowerEdge R740) oriDRAC Service Module.

Where can i read the diffferences?

I was hoping installing the SCOM agent and importing the SCOM MP's into SCOM should be sufficient.

I also have multiple Powervault NX3340 in my environment. How can i monitor these?

Regards
Tom

46 Posts

July 15th, 2020 08:00

Hi @TommyB1972 

Yes you are right. The corresponding Dell EMC Server Management Packs require the OMSA or iSM agent to be installed and running on the server to be monitored. The SCOM agent which is installed from the management server acts a communicator between the management server and the local agent (OMSA or iSM). Hence OMSA/iSM is required to be installed. 

You can find the complete details of the two features in the User Guide: 

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/server-management-pack-suite-v7.1.1/docs

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/server-management-pack-suite-v7.1.1/servermpv7.1.1ugpubs/introduction-to-dell-emc-openmanage-intergration-and-dell-emc-server-management-pack-suite-version?guid=guid-8d732513-717f-44bd-b7fa-adfc27db9529&lang=en-us

Will get back to you on NX3340. 

Regards,

Anjana

2 Posts

July 28th, 2020 03:00

Hi @AnjanaRM 

Thanks for all the help.
I just want to make sure I understood correctly, we are now installing SCOM 2019 version and we want to  import the Dell EMC monitoring Mp for are Dell servers
So in order to do so,  we need to:
1. Download Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Version 7.1 and install it on an MS server?
2. After installing and importing monitoring packages, install the Dell EMC OpenManage Integration Version 7.1 patch?

without using appliance server ? 

Thanks

46 Posts

July 29th, 2020 00:00

Hi @O.B.D 

The Dell EMC OpenManage Integration for Microsoft System Center - Operations Manager is an appliance based integration solution. It is available as .vhd or .ova file which needs to be deployed on a virtual machine either in hyper-V or ESXi. Post deployment there is process called as "enrollment of the MS with the appliance". This proceeds to import the Dell EMC Management Packs into SCOM. 

This solution offers the agent free monitoring of Dell EMC servers (licensed), chassis and network switches along with management packs used for agent-based monitoring of Dell servers discovered as windows computers in SCOM MS. 

You can use the latest Dell EMC OpenManage Integration for MS SCOM v7.2 from here: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/drivers/DriversDetails?driverid=63y39

You can also find the Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite v7.2 in the above link. It is the installer solution (without using appliance). This option offers management packs used for agent based monitoring of Dell EMC Servers discovered as windows computers in SCOM which have either the supported iDRAC Service Module or the OpenManage Server Administrator installed on them.

For more information on deployment, configuration please refer to the installation and user guides: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/server-management-pack-suite-v7.2/docs

Thanks and regards,

Anjana RM

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2020 03:00

Hi @AnjanaRM 

Thanks you about your respond.

do i have to install the Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite on a management server

or can i install it on a dedicated server ? 

thanks again

46 Posts

August 2nd, 2020 22:00

Hi @O.B.D 

Yes you need to install the Dell EMC Server Management Pack Suite on any one of the management server in the management group.

Regards,

Anjana

1 Message

August 7th, 2020 10:00

i have scom 2019 with 7.2 management pack installed.  omsa is installed on dell windows server.  Any tricks to getting it to show up as a dell server on scom console. One server shows up, the other does not.

46 Posts

August 10th, 2020 04:00

Hi  @hrprnetwork ,

a. Which model of Dell Server are you trying to monitor?

b. Which version of OMSA has been installed on it? 

c. Is it configured the same way as the other server which has got classified in the Dell EMC Server and Rack Workstation State view?

regards,

Anjana

No Events found!