Highlighted
CodyT
2 Bronze

Dell Server disappeared from Devices in OME

Hi there,

I have 17 servers being monitored through Dell OME, I havn't been able to see all 17 on the Devices tab under Servers since I was tasked to monitor these servers, but I've been slowly working through all the problems. I added 3 of the servers iDRACs to the Inventory and all went well, then I recently added a couple more iDRACs and things went all haywire. Servers just disappeared from the Devices list. I read through the logs and there were a few stating that OME removed the servers because of "duplicates". (Quite silly if you ask me, i want to be able to manage both the server and the iDRAC) anyway I managed to get most of the servers back except for one server, which has always been showing up and was part of the first batch of iDRACs I added in the first place. Any Ideas as to what might be going on?

They are R620s if it helps.

Thanks in advance

Cody

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Re: Dell Server disappeared from Devices in OME

Hi Cody,

What version of OME are you running? What OS is the server running? Can you look in the dconfig.ini in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\SysMgt\Essentials\configuration folder and see if the server is listed?

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
CodyT
2 Bronze

Hi Josh,

Running version 1.1.0.6063 of OME, my server is running Windows 2012 and when I look through the dconfig file I dont see a list of any servers, I see an excluded duplicates string but nothing is listed there.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CodyT
2 Bronze

If it helps at all, when I do a device search I can find the server and it does report back healthy

0 Kudos

If you do a discovery and just do the IP of that one system does it find it but not add it? We may want to try to update to the latest patch http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555/DriverDetails?driverId=9PPF7

We can also try to run the troubleshooting tool and see if it can find any information about why it isn’t adding that system.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20097184.aspx

Thanks,
Josh Craig
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPRO
0 Kudos
CodyT
2 Bronze

Do you mean just the server and not the iDRAC? If so then yes it finds it but still doesnt add it. I'll be sure to try updating the drivers when i get the time to get some downtime on the server, will give you an update when i can.

Thanks Josh.

0 Kudos