Systems Management General

Last reply by 06-12-2022 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Dell XC730XD-12 IDRAC Issue - Unable to set the Remote Presence Port Virtual Console Fails

Dell XC730XD-12 IDRAC Issue - Unable to set the Remote Presence Port Virtual Console Fails
Was in a session with the idrac and lost connectivity when I reconnected the Virtual Console would not work with JAVA, HTML5, or Native as I cannot set the Remote presence port to 5900, it shows as "undefined".  When I try and set it to 5900 I get a "RAC0507: Unable to find the requested resource. Do one of the following and retry the operation: 1) Turn on the system. 2) Make the resource available."  I thought the user permissions might have gone wonky and see that there are no Local Users showing in User Identification, even the administrator login I used to access the idrac and there is no option to add a new user.  This issue happened during a remote session where the IP address of the server was being changed so now it is out of service.  Have reset the idrac a couple of times.  Update and Rollback do not function either as I was going to upgrade the firmware on the idrac but I get a "RAC0507: Unable to find the requested resource. Do one of the following and retry the operation: 1) Turn on the system. 2) Make the resource available."

Replies (3)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Users looks like this

lpowers_0-1655064899776.png

Hi we saw the screenshot and it's not a user login, it's admin login. Could you try this? https://dell.to/3MM1r0z

DELL-Young E
Social Media and Communities Professional
Dell Technologies | Enterprise Support Services
#IWork4Dell

Did I answer your query? Please click on ‘Accept as Solution’. ‘Kudo’ the posts you like!

Dell Technologies

Are you able to access iDRAC using browser or SSH? Can you reboot the server and check is there any error message related to iDRAC?

Thanks,
DELL-Shine K
#IWork4Dell

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor