Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

March 13th, 2018 12:00

Dell ePSA HDD Testing Thresholds

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help with this one.

We use Dell ePSA diagnostics to test a multitude of drives, these drives are on occasion then failed by other software that has tighter testing parameters. Does anybody know the thresholds for Dell 11th, 12th and 13th Generation ePSA HDD Diagnostics?

Essentially we're looking for the point the Grown Defects are considered to be beyond acceptable limits.

Thanks for your time!

Dave

311 Posts

March 13th, 2018 15:00

Hi,

Please send a private message with your service tag to ensure we have all appropriate information on your system.

Thank you,

17 Posts

March 13th, 2018 16:00

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your response.

The question is more of a general question regarding ePSA and it's drive testing thresholds. I have 2 R730XD's, 4 R720XD's and 3 R610's. They all test drives at varying speeds and i believe to different standards. I'm just wondering if there is any documentation as to the drive passing thresholds?

All the best,

Dave

311 Posts

March 14th, 2018 08:00

Hi Dave,

Dell hard drives run proprietary firmware and running other test software will give unexpected results. Likewise, running ePSA on another vendors drive running the vendors firmware will give skewed results. 

Here is a link for more information.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/sln296157/what-are-the-parameters-for-replacing-a-hard-disk-drive-hdd-or-a-solid-state-drive-ssd-? 

No Events found!