Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 3rd, 2008 22:00

Email notifications from Dell OpenManage?

Anyone have an .exe program that can be triggered (using the "Execute application" under the "Alert Actions") to send out an SMTP email if there is an alert in OpenManage?

Sure would be nice if a simple SMTP email ability was built into OpenManage...

Thanks for any help!

January 28th, 2015 13:00

From my perspective there is nothing wrong. My dell's config for Watchdog:

Execute application                   Absolute path to the application: C:\Alerts\DellSMTPNotify.exe 1

Working fine

5 Posts

January 28th, 2015 14:00

But why am I not getting alerts when I performed a test on Temp. Probe Warning? No email was pushed?! This is the script I am using: 

Message from server: Watchdog ASR

Message from server: Power Supply Critical

Message from server: Temperature Probe Warning

Message from server: Temperature Probe Detects a Failure

(The list goes on to number 36). The OMSA is a 64-bit since my OS is 64-bit. 

January 28th, 2015 14:00

config looks fine. 32-bit or 64-bit doesn't matter. Please check that server use properly network config: IP, mask, gateway! and dns. And try to apply Server's network config to your test PC (of'course with different IP)

5 Posts

January 29th, 2015 07:00

Hello Nick, the network config is well. Do I need to modify inside the config file for the alerts?

5 Posts

January 30th, 2015 07:00

My Win Server 2008 R2 is running on .NET Framework 3.5.1. Do I need to upgrade to .NET 4.5.2 (from Windows updates) in order for DellSMTPNotify to work? I do not get push emails but if I open CMD and perform a test manually, I do get them. Please help if you can. Thanks. 

January 30th, 2015 17:00

It's not required. Because the app is quite old, so .NET 3.5.1 is definitely enough.

February 2nd, 2015 19:00

Hi FCalderon,

Just in case if you still unable to receive alert email, I'd suggest to send DellSMTPNotify output to text file. Simply add >> path\filename.txt in the end of command. In case if it's empty (in my case means successfully sent) so try to capture telnet to your SMTP server and port.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

March 19th, 2016 12:00

Try Mail Alert Simple Mailer:

sourceforge.net/.../mail-alert

It supports SSL,TLS and StartTLS so you can configure your gmail and unlike other similar commandline mailing tools it stores email password in encrypted form. I started to use it on my Windows Server 2008 R2 to monitor Windows Events and OMSA alerts. It is working like a charm.

24 Posts

January 22nd, 2017 17:00

I downloaded from

xyfon.com/tech-tips/setup-emnail-notifications-dell-openmnage

I expanded it into C:\DellSMTPNotify

I see the file CellSMTPNotify.exe

I can run it from Explorer and a command prompt windows opens briefly.

However, when I run it from and Administrator Command Prompt, it says there is no .bat or executable of that name????

7 Posts

June 20th, 2017 19:00

So how does one actually get OMSA to use Mail Alert?  I have set up Mail Alert and did the command line test successfully.  Just don't know how to make OMSA use it.

7 Posts

June 21st, 2017 06:00

Nevermind, I figured it out.

April 19th, 2018 02:00

Can you tell me how you establish the Connection between OMSA and MailAlert. i only can send the Testmail via commandline

Kind regards

1 Message

November 24th, 2020 00:00

@marekyarbrough 

Thank you. Worked thanks to you

No Events found!