FCalderon
1 Copper

RE: Email notifications from Dell OpenManage?

My Win Server 2008 R2 is running on .NET Framework 3.5.1. Do I need to upgrade to .NET 4.5.2 (from Windows updates) in order for DellSMTPNotify to work? I do not get push emails but if I open CMD and perform a test manually, I do get them. Please help if you can. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Nick_Sinyakov
1 Copper

It's not required. Because the app is quite old, so .NET 3.5.1 is definitely enough.

0 Kudos
Nick_Sinyakov
1 Copper

Hi FCalderon,

Just in case if you still unable to receive alert email, I'd suggest to send DellSMTPNotify output to text file. Simply add >> path\filename.txt in the end of command. In case if it's empty (in my case means successfully sent) so try to capture telnet to your SMTP server and port.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Try Mail Alert Simple Mailer:

sourceforge.net/.../mail-alert

It supports SSL,TLS and StartTLS so you can configure your gmail and unlike other similar commandline mailing tools it stores email password in encrypted form. I started to use it on my Windows Server 2008 R2 to monitor Windows Events and OMSA alerts. It is working like a charm.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
fred339
2 Bronze

I downloaded from

xyfon.com/tech-tips/setup-emnail-notifications-dell-openmnage

I expanded it into C:\DellSMTPNotify

I see the file CellSMTPNotify.exe

I can run it from Explorer and a command prompt windows opens briefly.

However, when I run it from and Administrator Command Prompt, it says there is no .bat or executable of that name????

0 Kudos
brown705
1 Copper

So how does one actually get OMSA to use Mail Alert?  I have set up Mail Alert and did the command line test successfully.  Just don't know how to make OMSA use it.

0 Kudos
brown705
1 Copper

Nevermind, I figured it out.

0 Kudos
flashlightz
1 Copper

Can you tell me how you establish the Connection between OMSA and MailAlert. i only can send the Testmail via commandline

Kind regards

0 Kudos