Highlighted
UBruns
1 Nickel

Emulex FC HBA Details not shown in iDRAC inventory

Hi All,

I am using a DELL R730.

I cant see the details of my Emulex 8GBit/s HBA (LPe12002 (Saturn-X)) in the detailed system invontory.
I only see the "PCI Device" but not the firmware version or other details.
(Other PCIe hardware are listed twice, one as PCI device, the other entry with more detailed information like the PERC H730).

Also querying the API (DCIM_FCView for example) wont respond with any information.
An error is not thrown.

Are EMULEX FC HBAs not supported?

All other firmware images are up to date (iDRAC 2.43.43.43, BIOS 2.4.3...), also the firmware of the EMULEX HBAs are up to date.

Any information welcome!

Ulli

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

RE: Emulex FC HBA Details not shown in iDRAC inventory

Hello.

Are EMULEX FC HBAs not supported?

Not necessarily. There are some Emulex  FC HBA cards with the same specifications like P/N R7WP7, C856M and 8XX1K that are supported on the R730 server. What is the P/N of the card? Ensure that card is correctly installed based on PCIe slot priority 2, 3, 1

Robert Alakara

Dell EMC | Enterprise Services

0 Kudos
UBruns
1 Nickel

Dear Robert,

thanks for your reply.

Part Number "should be" CN6YJ. Should be, because I have no physical access to the system. I got the part number from the initial order.

There are two "Emulex LPe12000" cards installed. That are SinglePort FC HBAs. One of them in Slot-1, the other in Slot-2. 

What, do you mean with order 2,3,1?
First FC Card shoulb be installed in Slot-2, then Slot-3 and then Slot-1 ???

0 Kudos

Part Number "should be" CN6YJ. Should be, because I have no physical access to the system. I got the part number from the initial order.

This P/N is listed as supported.

What, do you mean with order 2,3,1?
First FC Card shoulb be installed in Slot-2, then Slot-3 and then Slot-1 ???

Correct and if a given slot is installed with another PCIe card, then you consider the next available. Ensure that the cards are firmly seated.

Robert Alakara

Dell EMC | Enterprise Services

0 Kudos