Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 14th, 2014 00:00

Enabling Lifecycle Controller on M710HD blade remotely

We have an M710HD blade that we cannot remote console to. Also iDRAC web page does not come up. In the CMC status page it says "Lifecycle Controller may not be enabled" next to the blade. The blade chassis is at a remote location. How can I enable the Lifecycle Controller if I can't see the screen to go into the BIOS?

• 

8.4K Posts

January 14th, 2014 05:00

Mrennix,

In the CMC, highlight the blade. You should see a "Launch Remote Console" button in the upper right. Click that and then when the page loads you should have access to reboot the blade and see the boot process. To enable Lifecycle Controller, in the boot console, select F2 for System Setup. On the setup screen, select iDRAC Settings and then select System Services.

Also, 

Has the Drac worked before? Meaning had it been successfully configured and functional prior to this point?

Let me know.

14 Posts

January 14th, 2014 23:00

Well, the problem is that when I click "Launch Remote Console" a browser window opens but no console is shown. In addition "Launch iDRAC GUI" does not do anything either. I am assuming this is because the Lifecycle Controller is not functioning or disabled. So, I cannot see the boot process and cannot enter System Setup. Bit of a chicken and egg situation. All other blades in the chassis are ok.

Yes the Drac has worked before fine.

No Events found!