Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2009 04:00

External program to connect to the idrac6 KVM

Hello,

We have several Dell servers, all of them have an iDrac6 enterprise on board.
I can connect fine to the console by going to the idrac6 webpage, logging in, going to redirection and click the console. This works fine. However, i want to be able to just launch it directly from my desktop, preferable using something like remote desktop, vnc or other capable 'remote console' applications without going to the webpage, login, download the client etc.

So is it possible to view the console with an external program, or failing that, is it possible to save the java applet i get from the drac and use that later to connect to the other idracs using some cli arguments?

1 Message

March 19th, 2020 09:00

I dont know if this is relevant or not but I was actually able to create a bat script that prompts(and could be modified to have preset values) you for hostname/ip of the server the username of the server and a password and once it is all established it connects directly to a KVM session. Not sure this is needed anymore but if you would like me to help show you it I can definitely assist! It has helped us a many times in our 300+ idrac server environment. If not disregard and either way I hope you have a good day.

1 Rookie

• 

897 Posts

March 19th, 2020 16:00

now that I would like to see!

Rey

#Iwork4Dell

No Events found!