Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2013 14:00

Firmware update DELL UPS Network Management Card not possible in DELL Multi UPS Management console

I have a problem with updating some old software on an DELL UPS Network Management card in de DELL Multi UPS Management Console.

We have some newer models and some with very old Firmware. The oldest firmware is : 01.02.0013
I have imported the firmware update : 01.16.0001
If i select this version behind the UPS with firmware 01.02.0013 there is a red exclamation mark.

I also cannot get to the https adres of this UPS.

So i don't know how the update the firmware of the Network management card, please has anyone a solution..

3 Posts

March 15th, 2013 09:00

I Finnally got it working.

I could not connect to the UPS webGui In https on IE 6,7,8,9 and Firefox beacuase of an ssl error.
I could not update the firmware using then DELL UPS management software. fatal error.

I then installed Chrome, when connecting to the web GUI I ignored the certificate error warning and waited ....

YES. The web Gui appered, asking for the password, and from the web GUI I could install the firmware 01.14.0003

After the firmware update in the webgui I was able to upgrade to 01.16.0001 in the DELL Multi UPS management Software.

:emotion-2:

• 

8.4K Posts

March 11th, 2013 16:00

The issue may be that you are jumping to too new of an update. TGry this older one and if it works then try the 01.16.0001.

www.dell.com/.../DriverDetails

Let me know how it goes.

3 Posts

March 14th, 2013 03:00

I figured that i was jumpng to a too new of a firmware level.

I downloaded the version in your link but with the same result. Also downloaded an even older version. ( the oldest i could find) 01.10.0003 with the same result.

Still not able to update, and red question marks.

Hop you have some idea's left.

1 Message

May 31st, 2014 10:00

The SSL error you see is because Dell is using a self-signed certificate which very likely expired.

IE does not give you the option to accept an outdated cert, while Chrome and Firefox do.

13 Posts

August 1st, 2016 09:00

hello,

I think I have same problem but I am not able to connect using neither firefox or chrome, it always says that the connection is not secured. is there a way to disable ssl mode via serial port ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advanced!

Albert

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 1st, 2016 10:00

Hello.

In Chrome web browser got to settings -> Under Network, change Proxy settings -> Advanced and see options available for you in SSL and TLS.

13 Posts

August 1st, 2016 15:00

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply but I have been enabling and disabling the protocols ( ssl 2.0, ssl 3.0, tls 1.0, tls 1.1  and 1.3 ) without luck, whenever i try to connect to that web page is always get ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Which is the protocols i shoudl enable to make it work ?

thanks in advanced!

Albert

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 1st, 2016 16:00

Check SSL 2.0  on the Advanced tab. Change to Content tab and Clear SSL state, adjust your browser security settings to Medium or Low under Security, reload your browser and try again.

13 Posts

August 1st, 2016 16:00

no luck, i also tried to add the local ip to trusted sites and set security level to low but I always get that error. i tried with internet explorer, edge, firefox and opera browsers and same error. Maybe I have the optionto replace that management card, will it work or I wills till have problem with self signed certificate ? any idea of how to access the web page and disable ssl ?

13 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 02:00

I finally managed to connect using an old version of chrome ( version 22 ), thanks for your help.

1 Message

October 31st, 2016 12:00

Where did you get version 22 of chrome. I having the same issue. 

No Events found!