Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

DR

1 Rookie

• 

896 Posts

December 13th, 2012 13:00

How many of you have tried to locate any OpenManage or related manuals in the past week, and what do you think of the new layout?

The support.dell.com site has changed and finding manuals for OpenManage related software is differernt now. I would like to hear  your thoughts about this. Let 'er rip!

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

December 13th, 2012 14:00

Not sure if I have ... where are you talking?  I usually go straight here:

support.dell.com/.../software

98 Posts

December 21st, 2012 09:00

Hi-- went to support.dell.com  Had to go through long lists that included obsolete versions.  eventually found it at

www.dell.com/.../dell-opnmang-sw-v7.2

I know that designing a structure for a company as large as Dell must be a huge task, but some companies do a better job.  Have you looked at VMware's support and documentation page.

The most current version pops up in a drop down, then if you want manuals or downloads for other versions, you select them from a version drop down.

Just a suggestion.

98 Posts

December 21st, 2012 10:00

Actually, I couldn't find the installation instructions for OMSA 7.2 for VMWare. Where would that be?

22 Posts

December 26th, 2012 10:00

I've been unable to find much of anything related to OME other than sales blurbs. Are there any technical docs on internals, such as how the SNMP or IME connectivity works? (my SC1435 shows as turned "off")  how the versioning works (it shows incorrect values for some servers), how status updates work (twice a day, every day, it shows half of my servers as offline) - I can find little info on the website but I don't know if there is anything there.

No Events found!