Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2014 09:00

How to Update Keystore Dell OpenManage 7.3

I have about 50 servers I need to update the SSL certs on.  I attempted to open the keystore included with Dell OpenManage to import it and then distribute it to the servers but it seems the keystore passwords are dynamically generated and not accessible.  I tried replacing the $KeyStorePass variable with the actual keystore password for a new keystore but that doesn't seem to work either.  

Is there any other way to do this without having to touch every single server? 

Secondary question, If I have to touch every single server can I import an existing cert that I have both the cert and private key for without having to generate a new CSR from each server?  

14 Posts

May 15th, 2014 09:00

No suggestions on this? 

• 

6.2K Posts

May 17th, 2014 12:00

Hello

I have about 50 servers I need to update the SSL certs on.  I attempted to open the keystore included with Dell OpenManage to import it and then distribute it to the servers but it seems the keystore passwords are dynamically generated and not accessible.  I tried replacing the $KeyStorePass variable with the actual keystore password for a new keystore but that doesn't seem to work either.  

Is there any other way to do this without having to touch every single server? 

The interface within OMSA to manipulate certificates is Preferences(top right)>General Settings>X.509 Certificate

I'm not aware of a method to push certs out in mass. I suspect you will need to do this on every server.

Secondary question, If I have to touch every single server can I import an existing cert that I have both the cert and private key for without having to generate a new CSR from each server?  

I am not an expert on certificates, but there is an option to import certificates.

There is a utility designed for our storage appliances to manage certificates. I show that someone else had a similar inquiry and they were able to manipulate the OMSA certificate database using EKM:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/177/t/19501217.aspx

Here is another post related to this inquiry:

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/f/4469/t/19499202.aspx

This is all related to the certs within OMSA. The iDRAC has it's own cert and that can be updated via RACADM commands, so you could script that out to several servers.

Thanks

July 15th, 2014 03:00

Hello

You have to import certificate on each server one by one from OMSA. Mass update of OMSA certs is not supported in OpenManage 7.4.

Thanks,

Sabhina

No Events found!