Highlighted
Spdstr1022
1 Copper

IDRAC6 Full update from start??

Hi im new to the dell community. I have very little experience with servers. My background is web development so im new to the hardware side of servers. My employer just acquired two R710 Servers. I need to know what all needs to be updated. The server were reset and i am able to connect to the idrac via web interface. I set a static ip to connect to the server. Can download the current version of the firmware iDRAC Monolithic Release 1.99 or do i need to do it in steps? I just need to know what all needs to be updated. The server is like it just came out the box. Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: IDRAC6 Full update from start??

The easiest way is probably to create a Linux update ISO using Dell Repository Manager.

See this whitepaper for help.

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20438117

0 Kudos
ilaurens
1 Copper

RE: IDRAC6 Full update from start??

Try the full update, if that does not work. You can try steps.

In my case, the IDRAC was 1.0? something like that, a full update to 1.99 or a bit under that did not work. Took a lot of time to get it working correctly. I started with 1.3, that succeeded and went with staps. 

I suggest you to try the full update, if that does not work you can try increment step, and afterwards try again the newest, and than repeat until you got the newest version. 

It can be a little picky. 

0 Kudos