Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

October 3rd, 2017 09:00

IPMI

Hi group.

I have a Poweredge T110 II server... that server will be in a datacenter and I will not have physical access to it.

So I need to remotely reboot it when something goes wrong.

I think IPMI has this functionality. I think I have already configured IPMI from the open manage server administration.

My question is.

How do I access to reboot this server from another computer ? What should I do ?

The IP is static and I have one for the server and another one for the ipmi

Thanks a lot !

• 

6.2K Posts

October 3rd, 2017 12:00

Hello

You can issue IPMI commands through the host OS or directly to the BMC. You need to enable IPMI over LAN for the BMC to accept IPMI from a remote session.

www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/product/dell-openmanage-baseboard-mgmt-cntrllr-v4.3/

Thanks

9 Posts

October 5th, 2017 11:00

thanks for your answer...

I already enabled ipmi to accept from remote session...

What i was asking, for instance...

I need to remotely restart the server, how do i do that from a windows laptop ?

thanks!

• 

6.2K Posts

October 5th, 2017 13:00

What i was asking, for instance...

I need to remotely restart the server, how do i do that from a windows laptop ?

You would connect to the BMC through a remote session like SSH and issue the IPMI command. You may need to install additional software to allow IPMI commands on the laptop. The syntax of the command may vary based on the tool you install. You will need to reference the documentation for the tool. IPMI is an industry standard, I'm not aware of any documentation or manuals we have created on how to use IPMI. The command to restart would be something like:

IPMI chassis reset

Thanks

No Events found!