Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 7th, 2005 01:00

IT Assistant & Discovery

I am using IT Assistant (v6.5.3.14), it seems to disover machines, but not all of them. I have just upgraded around 30 machines to XP Pro SP2 using a core ghost copy so I know they are all the same. Yet some get detected and some do not.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can debug this issue ?

Thanks

626 Posts

March 8th, 2005 20:00

First, take a look at this:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/software/smitasst/6.5.3/en/ref_gd/configur.htm#viewing_and_modifying_cim_dmi_and_snmp_information

Reply back if that doesn't provide you with anything useful.

Message Edited by tester25 on 03-08-2005 04:08 PM

6 Posts

March 8th, 2005 23:00

Thanks for the reply.

I have looked at this and tried all of the methods just for luck, but it still seems that only some of the machines get discovered. I cannot see anything else that could be blocking the discovery. I have even tried disabling the local software firewalls, but this does not help. Like I said in the original post, all the machine are exactly the same build. The only difference between them is the machine name !!!

626 Posts

March 9th, 2005 13:00

1.  Which version of OMCI is running on all of those hosts?

2.  Are you discovering via CIM?

3.  All the hosts use the exact same credentials?  Just double checking...

Try this, from the ITA mgmt station, go to computer management and connect to another computer that isn't being discovered by ITA.  Be sure to try the exact same credentials that you have configured inside ITA.  Does it connect?

6 Posts

March 14th, 2005 04:00

OK, I have worked out what it is with the discovery. Using DMI, the domain account that I have created for OpenManage is getting locked.

I have looked through the forum, but there does not seem to be a fix, that I have not tried. I even scrapped the whole install and started again doing as per other posts.

Appart from manually discovering each system one by one I cannot see a way around this.

Any ideas ?

99 Posts

March 14th, 2005 12:00

In IT Assistant when you specify the discovery range of ips for your XP clients, you must retype the username and password for the CIM account.   Otherwise the service account will get locked out due to invalid password.

Message Edited by DELL-SeanC on 03-14-2005 02:33 PM

626 Posts

March 14th, 2005 12:00

So do you mean that copying and pasting the credentials doesn't work?

6 Posts

March 16th, 2005 03:00

Well, I can safely say that retyping, cut and pasting and everything else I have tried do not work.

The account gets locked out.

Any more ideas ?
No Events found!