I've got a similar problem. I don't see why the system would think that this is anonymous login.
I've done tests.
I conclude my ITA can make one level of connection to my system, but is failing at a 2nd layer.
When I use ITA Tools to troubleshoot a CIM connection -
I get Failed to connect to Windows Name Space. A wrong password does the same -- No windows Event Log errors.
If I change to a bogus domain format "\username"
-Success conected to Windows Name Space, Client Name Space
-Failed to connect to Server Name Space
If a wrong password is entered, I get the Failed to connect to Windows Name Space -- but Windows does throw and Event Log authentication error, so with "\" I know windows saw the wrong password.
Conclusion: the domain \ is required.
Since I don't have a domain or a domain server, it fails at the Server Name Space -- but I don't know what that means. Can I make a "local domain"? Will it help?
I also did a bunch of testing with other tools (WMI and Wbemtest), very cool.
They work if I specify server name as \\servername\root\cimv2. This doesn't work in ITA -- no can ping.
I presume that ITA is defaulting to the \root\cimv2 space, but frankly when I get messages like
"failed to connect to Server Name Space"
and nothing says what that means, I think the documentation....is lacking.
Thanks for the input.
As a last ditch attempt to resolve the "Client Name Space" issue, I installed W2KS on a Dimension 8300 desktop, and since that model is not supported by OMSA, I donwloaded the client instrumentation for the desktop machines.
Result - Can connect to client and windows namespace using a domain admin account, but no server namespace.
As far as the authentication errors go, I found a thread wherein it was stated that if you have multiple SNMP communities, (I have a SET community and a GET community) and the "Send authentication traps" is checked, you will get bomabarded with these types of messages.
So, I took the band-aid advice of simply unchecking the "Send authentication traps" checkbox and the errors disappeard.
I still have as yet to find a solution for the authentication messages, but in the meantime I'm only receiving alerts that I actually care about.
I also tried \username, local\username, locahost\username, root\username,
all to no avail.