Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 17th, 2012 13:00

ITA: Updating from compare pane

I was able to update the DRAC of a server by manually creating a task but for some reason the Update button on the Software Updates Screen is greyed out. I was wondering if this is some config issue, or what. My only guess is that it won't let me since the two servers are throwing alarms since I have not (and probably never will) configure the storage agent part:

Server Administrator (Storage Management) Configuration and monitoring of disk storage devices. Dell Inc. 3.5.0
 Server Administrator Management software for Dell systems. NA

• 

6.2K Posts

April 18th, 2012 16:00

It should work fine with that configuration.

I'm stumped. I checked with one of our escalation technicians. The tech advised that any time he has seen the update option grayed out it has been because of a corrupt install of ITA or a permission issue.

I would recommend that you shut down ITA and start it back up by right clicking and choosing run as administrator. If that does not resolve it then I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Another thing to consider is that ITA has been replaced. Openmanage Essentials was released in December to replace ITA. To my knowledge ITA will not be receiving any further updates. If you have not implemented this into your production environment yet then it would probably be best to use a program that is supported rather than a legacy application.

Thanks

• 

6.2K Posts

April 17th, 2012 15:00

Hello Mackhand

The storage management portion is not required for the updates to work. Is it properly detecting the current and available versions? Are you having this problem on all devices or just the DRAC? Are you having this problem with one server or all servers?

There is not a resolution I can suggest at the moment. There could be an issue with OMSA on one server or there may be a pending restart required on one of the servers. There are a lot of possibilities. If you can provide me with more information I will look at it further.

Thanks

12 Posts

April 18th, 2012 07:00

I'm currently testing the software. It is running on a VM win server 2k8 on a hyper-v machine. I have added 2 physical servers (PE R710) to the ITA. It won't let me update anything from this screen but I successfully push software, BIOS, and DRAC firmware via Tasks. As far as I can tell the OMSA is working fine on both the servers. Could it be something to do with it being a virtual?

No Events found!