Highlighted
1 Copper

Lifecycle Controller won't start on 9 new R440s

Hi, I have 9 new R440s that upon pressing F10 on powerup---for Lifecycle Controller---the servers try to load, but eventually fail and reboot. We have been ordering the same R440s from the same spec sheet for several years, haven't had this issue before this batch. What can I do to get it to work? They are un-sellable at this point.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Lifecycle Controller won't start on 9 new R440s

Hello,

Please, could you confirm me some of the following information:

- Can you access the System Setup / BIOS (F2 on boot)?
- Do you see any error message during the booting process? Is there any message on the LCD?
- During boot, can you see BIOS or iDRAC firmware?
- Do you have an OS installed? Booting from the OS is possible?
- Do you have any other error or different behavior during this process (like fans spinning at maximum speed)?.

Regards.

logo
 Diego López

Social Media and Communities Professional
 Comunidad Dell | @DellAyudaPro | Eventos en línea
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Hi Diego,

Can you access the System Setup / BIOS (F2 on boot)?  YES
- Do you see any error message during the booting process? Is there any message on the LCD?  NO
- During boot, can you see BIOS or iDRAC firmware? YES Bios 2.4.8
- Do you have an OS installed? Booting from the OS is possible? YES I have reinitialized many times, it will boot to Centos 7.7 without error
- Do you have any other error or different behavior during this process (like fans spinning at maximum speed)?. NOPE.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello,

Do you have iDRAC access on the server? Could you try updating the iDRAC with Lifecycle Controller firmware and BIOS version via iDRAC. 

Did the issue happen when you have OS installed, or even before OS is installed?

Thanks,
Joey Chong
Dell EMC Enterprise Support Services
Get support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

Download the Dell Quick Resource Locator app today to access PowerEdge support content on your mobile device! (iOS, Android, Windows)

0 Kudos