Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

September 25th, 2006 14:00

OMSA 5.0: DSM SA Data Manager Service does not start. Error 261

After installing OpenManage Server Administrator 5.0 to a PE 2650 the DSM SA Data Manager service fails to start. I get the following message:

"Windows could not start the DSM SA Data Manager on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 261."

On the Event Log I get Event ID 7024: "The DSM SA Data Manager service terminated with service-specific error 261."

I have already tried reinstalling the software but I get the same results.

Any help will be appreciated.

October 4th, 2006 22:00

Try running MSConfig go to services and then hit disable all Non-Microsoft services. After this uncheck everything this will put you in a pseudo safe-mode. From here reboot and then try manually starting that service.

10 Posts

October 25th, 2006 17:00

@jholguin79 wrote:
After installing OpenManage Server Administrator 5.0 to a PE 2650 the DSM SA Data Manager service fails to start. I get the following message:

"Windows could not start the DSM SA Data Manager on Local Computer. For more information, review the System Event Log. If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code 261."

On the Event Log I get Event ID 7024: "The DSM SA Data Manager service terminated with service-specific error 261."

I have already tried reinstalling the software but I get the same results.

Any help will be appreciated.

I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

1 Message

June 25th, 2012 02:00

Hello,

In my case it was sufficient to kill a running omreport.exe process  to be able to start the DSM SA Data Manager service.

ARR

1 Message

November 3rd, 2013 23:00

Hi Rzand

Thanks for this info. It works in my case where i got the same error code. Thanks once again.

No Events found!