Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2015 20:00

OMSA 8.1 HTTPS LISTENER

I have OMSA 8.1 installed on Windows Server 2012 R2. The prereqs check comes up with a warning:

The installer has detected that the HTTPS listener is not configured for Windows Remote Management. You can either configure the HTTPS listener before installing Remote Enablement, or install Remote Enablement now by selecting the "Custom" installation screen and configure the HTTPS listener later. See the "Remote Enablement Requirements" section in the Server Administrator Installation Guide for information on configuring the HTTPS listener. Note: Remote Enablement is required to manage this system from a remote Server Administrator Web Server and is applicable only for those systems that support Server Instrumentation. Click here to configure HTTPS Listener for Windows Remote Management.

OMSA installs fine, but I can't connect to the web GUI afterwards though I verified all the services are online.

I've tried adding a self-signed certificate with the host name but this doesn't help. Is the OMSA 8.1 installer bunk on 2012R2 or did I miss something from the install guide?

• 

6.2K Posts

July 31st, 2015 18:00

Hello

Did you run the custom installation and manually install Remote Enablement? According to the steps you outlined you have not installed Remote Enablement. It was skipped in the standard installation because a prerequisite was not detected.

I would suggest that you either perform a custom installation or reinstall to see if the prerequisite is now detected.

Thanks

August 1st, 2015 06:00

I modified the install and enabled Remote Enablement but that still didn't fix the warning or make it so I can actually access OMSA. My guess is that it can't create the HTTPS listener because there is no computer certificate. OMSA used to generate a self-signed one for its own use, that didn't seem to happen with this version.

• 

6.2K Posts

August 1st, 2015 14:00

How are you trying to access OMSA? Are you trying to access it remotely or from the host system? Are you using the shortcut that OMSA created or manually typing a URL? What is the URL and what exactly happens? Also, what browser are you using?

August 1st, 2015 16:00

I installed the 8.1.0.1 update and it appears to be working now.

February 8th, 2016 01:00

i've same problem installing OM-SrvAdmin-Dell-Web-WINX64-8.2.0-1739_A00 on Windows 2012R2 !

If i click on "Click here to configure HTTPS.." an alert ask me a confirmation but then do nothing and the rescan verify found HTTPS Listener still not configured..

I think this is a problem of OMSA installer !!

Using custom install and enabling Remote Enablement is working fine..

But Dell need to fix OMSA installer.. :(

1 Message

March 21st, 2016 16:00

I agree.  Just downloaded and am trying to install OMSA 8.2 on an R720xd running Server 2012 R2 (latest updates) and am seeing this error message and when I click on the " Click here to configure HTTPS Listener for Windows Remote Management" link, it fails to do this (obviously) as the pre-req check comes back with the same error message.

Dell really needs to work out what they have broken here and sort it for their OMSA installer...  :)

11 Posts

February 1st, 2018 17:00

After banging on this for hours and then working with Dell support I documented the three solutions to this which all boil down to not having a local certificate:

https://www.urtech.ca/2018/02/solved-dell-openmanage-server-administrator-install-alert-https-listener-not-configured-windows-remote-management/ 

I was working on OMSA 9.1 on Server 2016, but the solutions apply to all versions.

I hope this helps.

74 Posts

December 27th, 2018 15:00

You shoudnt need a domain. Just generate a cert, install the CA on said server so it can be trusted, install the cert on the server and done.
No Events found!