Highlighted
wyeknott
2 Bronze

OMSA Notify Help Please

I've just installed OpenManage 6.4.0 on a PE T300 under SBS 2003 SP2.

This is my first OM install and I'd like to get it to notify me by email of potential problems.

But I haven't been able to find a way of configuring this. 

The server is the PDC (it's SBS 2003) and I don't plan "remote" management.

Whenever I've done any changes to the install, I've had to restart the mr2kserv service as well as all the DSM SA services.
Server Assistant doesn't require me to login -- it just comes up when I launch it.

Can someone Please point me to the way to configure email notifications? 

Thanks,

Wye

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: OMSA Notify Help Please

Thanks for posting!  I suspect this is the only server in your environment, so the best way to set up email alerting is to put IT Assistant on a Windows desktop system and use it to monitor the server.  Since the server is probably running Exchange, major problems will probably prevent emails from going out, but having ITA on a different system will at least give you some troubleshooting information to work with.

As for how to set it up, go to http://support.dell.com/video and look at Servers & Storage -> Systems Management -> IT Assistant.  There is a 4-part video that will walk you through install all the way through setting up the email alerts.

wyeknott
2 Bronze

Thanks.  I'll check it out.  It'll take me a few days though.

I HAD hoped to confine OM to a single platform -- i.e., the server.  I had hoped to have it send mail to its own Exchange Server (part of SBS)  which I have been forwarding to my Blackberry.  So long as Exchange works, I get that mail.  However, I'd been unable to find a way to set OMSA up to send notices by mail.

Thanks for your tips.

0 Kudos
paul_1011
1 Copper

0 Kudos