Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

W

August 17th, 2009 16:00

OpenManage 6.1 on Windows 2003 Server Login Internal Error, Tearing Hair Out!!

I'm trying to get OpenManage 6.1 Managed Node on a Windows 2003 32-bit server (well several actually, if I can ever get it running).  I've installed and configured WinRM so it's listening on port 443 and the prerequisites are all met and it passes the installation test. 

The installation goes fine as expected until I try to login to it.  While I can login to the web server administrator, I cannot login to the Server Administrator Interface, using the proper credentials (in my case this is the domain Administrator account, which is the one I'm logged in as) and "server name" with "ignore certificate errors" checked, the error I receive is: "Login failed.... Internal Error".  I've tried ticking every box, using IPs versus a name, a FQDN versus an IP and I can't get past this "Internal Error" issue. The server in question is a Domain Controller if that means anything.

Additionally I did these same steps on another DC in our environment and have the exact same issue as the previous.  Same error, same same same.

I'm out of ideas, I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling, reinstalling again, checking WinRM configurations, etc.

I've never had these issues with previous OpenManage installs and this new one better be great on the inside as right now it really bites.

Probably have to call for support on this one, but if anybody has a suggestion on a log to look at or what I'm doing wrong, I'm all ears!

3 Posts

September 29th, 2009 08:00

I also am getting the same. Would anybody know why?

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 11:00

me too in the same boat..

anybody has solution for this... i tried on win7, winxp...

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

February 23rd, 2010 13:00

What systems are you gentlemen working on.

793 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 16:00

Here are some general steps that have helped in the past:

First, make sure all of the "DSM SA *" services are running.

Use IE7, and make the server a trusted site, and drop the security on that zone to Low.

Try from another system, just type https://ipAddress:1311 in the address bar and see if that works.

Make sure you are using the account named Administrator.

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2010 19:00

Guys,,,

I fixed this issue... I reset the snmp config in vmware esxi 4.0.. reconfigured it... 

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI\bin>vicfg-snmp.pl --server x.x.x.x --username root --password password -c public -p 162 -t x.x.x.x@162/public
Changing udp port to 162...
Complete.
Changing community list to: public...
Complete.
Changing notification(trap) targets list to: x.x.x.x@162/public...
Complete.

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vSphere CLI\bin>vicfg-snmp.pl --server x.x.x.x --username root --password password --show
Current SNMP agent settings:
Enabled  : 1
UDP port : 162

Communities :
public

Notification targets :
x.x.x.x@162/public

To restart the services, Use Putty session - Go to unsupported mode -

stop/start the Dell Openmanage engine services (below)

/usr/lib/ext/dell/dataeng stop

/usr/lib/ext/dell/dataeng start

Restart managment services:
type /sbin/services.sh restart

HTH

Malek

8 Posts

November 25th, 2011 13:00

This isn't working for me I am running on Win7 on PE2800. I get internal error the same as the others no vmware to go through. I just want to read the error codes that are making the front LCD blink PLEASE HELP.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

November 25th, 2011 14:00

Is the LCD amber?  Is the front LCD not scrolling the error codes?

Is the LCD blinking blue?  If so, hit the cursive 'i' button to toggle the 'identify' on/off.

8 Posts

February 8th, 2012 15:00

The LCD is abmer and the identify is set to off. I am trying to just read the error codes that are causing the amber light. Also I would like the system to completely shut down and not standbye waiting for an external wake.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

February 8th, 2012 18:00

What codes are being scrolled on the LCD then?  Not sure what you mean about "completely shutdown and not standby waiting for an external wake".

8 Posts

February 8th, 2012 21:00

I have managed to get the hardware log cleared via a Live CD. But, the concern I had was, how do I get the server to shut down entirely and not have the power button blink and fans spin.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

February 8th, 2012 21:00

If you're asking what I think you're asking, the only way to do that is to unplug it.  Some minimal power stays with the system to keep certain devices alive - NIC, DRAC, etc.

793 Posts

February 9th, 2012 16:00

As for that original Managed System Login, go run the OMSA installer again and make sure the Server Instrumentation and Storage Management components are installed.

No Events found!