Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2017 12:00

OpenManage CMC Discovery Range

I'm fiddling with Open Manage Essentials Discovery Range right now because I discovered it wasn't inventorying all our FX2s chassis. I turned on CMC discovery for a certain range and now all CMCs are showing up as separate groups. The result is too cluttered and is not what I wanted. I want it to be clean like ECH-SRV grouping in my image but for some reason the HPC grouping is much messier despite setting them both up the same way. (Please refer to image) Each sub-group shows only one device as well.

• 

6.2K Posts

September 13th, 2017 14:00

Hello

It doesn't look like they are all in a separate group. They are all under the HPC group. You can create and edit group settings and filters by right clicking the group you want to edit or parent group you want to create a child. There are some basic group filters  by default, but the grouping can be user defined.

www.dell.com/support/home/product-support/product/dell-openmanage-essentials-v2.2/

Thanks

September 13th, 2017 14:00

Hmm, perhaps I didn't do a good job at explaining. How come under HPC it lists all the separate CMCs whereas in ECH-SRV all the CMCs are inside net208 and net220? If I click into net208, it will pop a bar graphs of X servers, Y CMCs discovered and inventoried. 

• 

6.2K Posts

September 14th, 2017 11:00

How come under HPC it lists all the separate CMCs whereas in ECH-SRV all the CMCs are inside net208 and net220?

Because they are in a child group of net2** and not the parent group of ECH-SRV. You can create/edit parent and child groups as I explained in my previous post.

Thanks

September 14th, 2017 12:00

Sorry, your answer wasn't helpful.

I got it resolved by removing WS-MAN in device filtering for HPC. 

All our CMCs and IDRACs all under the 224 subnet. I right-click HPC and add a new discovery range 10.9.224.* and named it net 224. Open Manage creates the group net224 and inserts all the IDRACs into the subgroup net224 but all the CMCs discovered are put into the parent folder HPC rather than net224. If I uncheck WS-MAN from HPC, all the CMC disappear from parent folder HPC and reappear inside net224. Not sure why.

No Events found!