DELL-SeanC
3 Argentum

OpenManage IT Assistant v7.0 and Server Administrator v2.0 released

The latest openmanage 4.3 release has important new updates to IT Assistant and Server Administrator.

Some of the new features:
  • Uses MSI installer in Windows 2000
  • User Authentication is operating system or domain based instead of read/write password in previous versions, + sigle sign on capabilty
  • New user interface and impoved online help
  • The UI is web-based and can be accessed from Linux systems
  • Troubleshooting tool to help determine whay systems are not being discovered correctly.
  • Can now schedule tasks and firmware/driver updates.
  • Better reports available

0 Kudos
5 Replies
phatcher
2 Bronze

Re: OpenManage IT Assistant v7.0 and Server Administrator v2.0 released

Little problem that you can't install it on a server with Windows Server 2003 SP1 which just came out.
0 Kudos
Kevin Severud
2 Bronze

So when will SP1 for Windows Server 2003 be supported?  Or is there a workaround to get OMSAv2 installed?
0 Kudos
phatcher
2 Bronze

I suppose it would be possible to hack the MSI to change the OS version check
0 Kudos
jimenezct
2 Bronze

Anyone from Dell have a response to this issue?  I find it very frustrating that I did the right thing security wise by installing SP1 to my 2003 install, and I now cannot install OpenManage.
0 Kudos
IIS_Tech
2 Bronze

So far, there's been no response at all from the original Dell poster regarding the latest Open Manager software.

It's completely useless on Windows 2003 SP1 systems - there is NO way to get it installed, not even any part of it.

So, what's up Dell??? 

Windows 2003 SP1 has been available for long enough that a working installation for Open Manager software should be available now. The last post in this forum was 4/20/2005, and there's been no response since then.

How should be manage our new systems? I cannot *uninstall* SP1 on a production server just to install Open Manage software!!!

Robert Ingenthron

0 Kudos