Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 30th, 2020 23:00

OpenManage Integration Microsoft System Center Operations Manager fails test connection

Hi all,

I am trying to setup the OMIMSSC SCOM appliance. When I get to the test connection for some reason it fails. The appliance version is 7.1 and SCOM version is 1807 installed on server 2016. The error is "The connection failed, because the Microsoft console cannot connect to OMIMSSC, or the Microsoft console is not supported bu OMIMSSC". I checked in the SCOM event log and it shows a connection created from the appliance but nothing else happens. I also did everything by the manual but for some reason it just doesn't work... this isn't a firewall issue because we disabled the server firewall.

Any help would be appreciated.

Rahamim.

2 Posts

June 1st, 2020 09:00

@rahamiml   

Recommend you to contact Dell EMC Tech Support or your sales team with details pertaining to OMIMSSC for SCOM and the SCOM gateway server connection failing

Best,
Vish

46 Posts

May 31st, 2020 21:00

Hi,

Few checkpoints to note:

1. For SCOM 1807, please update the appliance to 7.1.1 using the service pack update. You can download the RPM repository from this link: https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-in/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=xpm43&oscode=w12r2&productcode=poweredge-r730 [OMIMSSC_7.1.1.2125_SCOM_A00.zip]

To create a local repository and use the service pack update feature please refer to the installation guide: https://topics-cdn.dell.com/pdf/server-management-pack-suite-v711_install-guide_en-us.pdf [page 21]

2. Test connection failure can indicate that either the OMIMSSC appliance or the SCOM Server hostname/IP address is not getting resolved. Appliance should be added to the same domain as the SCOM server.

You can perform this verification:

from command prompt of the the SCOM server, type

a. "ping -a "

b. "ping -a "

Connect via SSH to appliance and login with the username "readonly" and the password set during creation of appliance VM. Type below commands:

a. ping

c. ping

3. If you have a gateway server configured in the SCOM setup, please let us know. 

NOTE: Download the Dell EMC OMIMSSC Configuration Management Pack from the OMIMSSC Admin Portal and import this mp into SCOM before performing enrollment. 

Regards,

Anjana

46 Posts

June 1st, 2020 05:00

Thanks for the information. I shall work with my team and get back to you. 

Regards,

Anjana

5 Posts

June 1st, 2020 05:00

@AnjanaRM thank you for the reply,

First of all I do have a SCOM gateway server. Other than that everything both checks out and both sides are pinging correctly. I also updated to 7.1.1 via the appliance. After all this it still isn't working. 

Rahamim.

5 Posts

June 1st, 2020 06:00

Thank you so much.

5 Posts

June 1st, 2020 11:00

Hi all,

Just to make it clearer how my network is configured: I have a SCOM server in my LAN and a gateway server in my DMZ network. My SCOM server IP address is 10.84.11.20/16 and my appliance IP is 10.84.0.12/16 (DHCP address). both pinging each other.

Hope this helps.

46 Posts

June 2nd, 2020 04:00

Okay. As recommended by @bvish please contact support. 

In the succeeding steps after test connection and enrollment, with a gateway server configured setup, ensure that the network in which appliance is setup should be able to access the iDRAC of the Dell EMC servers you would discover using the agent-less Servers and Rack Workstation Monitoring (Licensed) feature (default TCP port 443 on the iDRAC)

Regards,

Anjana

June 3rd, 2020 07:00

Hi,

any solution to this topic?
My appliance won't connect to SCOM (will not enroll console)...

Are there any spfication on the account, we use in the appliance to connect to SCOM?
I would really appreciate a reply, thanks!

BR Matthias

46 Posts

June 4th, 2020 00:00

Hi Matthias,

You can check for the below:

1. Windows credential profile should be created for enrollment. These credentials should be:

a. a domain user of the domain to which SCOM server belongs 

b. Local admin on the SCOM server machine

c. having an administrator role in SCOM

2. Check that the OMIMSSC appliance hostname and IP and SCOM server IP are resolved from each end (please refer to my earlier response in this thread)

3. If you have SCOM gateway server configured, please contact Dell Tech support. 

Regards,

Anjana

5 Posts

June 5th, 2020 06:00

Hi @bvish 

I contacted Dell support and they are looking into the matter.

Thanks guys for all your help and sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner.

Rahamim.

No Events found!