Highlighted
luqa
1 Nickel

OpenManage/SNMP Agent/Error

HI.

I experience problems on two Dell Servers with Windows 2012 R2 Essential and SNMP reporting.

We are using SNMP and OpenMange for reporting to Ncentral (monitoring system).

I tested and I know that configuration which I use only doesn't work on Windows 2012 R2 Essential and Dell Servers T420.

In Event Viewer I found it:

The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\ExtensionAgents.

Any suggestions?

Luca

0 Kudos
2 Replies
luqa
1 Nickel

RE: OpenManage/SNMP Agent/Error

I've checked if SNMP service works and yes it works.

0 Kudos
luqa
1 Nickel

RE: OpenManage/SNMP Agent/Error

Fixed. The most easy problem ever just case sensitive.

I used PUBLIC and technician from Enable used public.

This is when I tested first test failed when I changed for lowercase it worked 🙂

From Microsoft:

support.microsoft.com/.../200885

Troubleshooting SNMP Security Issues

1. Check the community name. Community names are case sensitive. It is general practice to use uppercase letters for community names.
  2. If you remove all the community names, including the default name (Public), SNMP does not respond to any community names presented.
  3. If you change existing SNMP settings, your changes take effect immediately. If you are configuring SNMP for the first time, you must restart the SNMP service before the settings take effect.
  4. Check to see if the host is set to accept SNMP packets only from specific hosts.
  5. Check to see if the Send Authentication Trap option is enabled, and verify the list of trap destinations.
  6. Check the permission level of both community rights and the Management Information Base (MIB) access variable. The most restricted setting is used.

/Luca

0 Kudos